ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trading Up to Willy

After much deliberation Ive finally decided to trade up to a Willy. Im going to get Xmas out of the way then start looking for a sexy Willy III (creature comforts). Ill expect some help of the N/W Willy owners when Im scouting the ads looking for my perfect ride....

Ill be sick to see the 16v go though, in fact I havent ruled out keeping her in storage as she drives so well. (Any ideas how much this would cost?)

Bring on the Willy! ;) Me, Jesus and Irish Nut will be Willy I, II and III, comparisons on the bypass a plenty.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Yep my valvers going for a while to get a punto GT. I should have a laugh with that, get the whole turbo thing done and out the way then get me a willyfied valver or williams.

Good choice Paul but i dont think youll ever be able to find another silver williams in monaco blue....;)

Good luck with the searching, there is a lot of nice 3s out there, if i went for a willy though it would have to be the 1, that gold plaque, mind you i love the colour of the 3 and the phase 2 versions, so it would be a tough one, i think id just look around and find the best i could! How much do you think youll be looking at spending?

Best person to speak to about storage is Gaz, he stored his 5 turbo in a garage and not sure if he had to do anything else or what?

Danny

Paul why dont you convert the valver into a willy?

You know that its got a good body and the next step could be willy wide track and engine then your laughing?

Just another thought!

Danny

TBH I wanted a Williams before I bought the 16v but the prices seemed alot higher then. Im not too fussy re what type I get as long as it is std, de-cat I could live with and maybe a Magnex. Dont really want to mess with my car as it is Danny, I think it would be less appealing with the willy track and 2.0 bottom end. Shes driving top notch at the mo so Im happy to leave her as she is.

Mikes lock up hey, sounds dodgy if you ask me! Im going to ask Andy at Riverside if hed come to look at a few with me, probably charge me £100 an hour for his time !

The Jinx

Probably yeah, but itd be worth it.

Wanted one a while back myself but I think Im going the alternative route of Willy-fying mine. You not tempted by a willy 1 if youre keeping it standard?

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Quote: Originally posted by paul1178 on 27 October 2004

Ill be sick to see the 16v go though, in fact I havent ruled out keeping her in storage as she drives so well. (Any ideas how much this would cost?)
I was paying £35 a month to store my 5 at a farm in Northwich which was a registered Secure Storage and he tucked it away behind a load of motorhomes for me.

But after a while u will wonder what the point of keeping it is as u can only drive one car at a time.....plus the cash could be spent elsewhere £420 for 12 months gos towards insuring the Williams.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I dont think youll be dissapointed Paul, will good to have another Williams at the N/w meets only problem is people will start to think they are common as muck if they see us;).....Nw must have the biggest proportion of willy owners in the country, and thats no bad thing!:D

Cheers for the advice Gaz, youre right I suppose..she might aswell go to a good home. Id be gutted though if i saw some scally thrashing about locally. Id rather she went to an enthusiast like me. Martin, I blame all the Williams up north for me wanting one! I was tempted to go for a Cup after seeing Yozzas but have decided to stay retro for a bit longer.

The Jinx

Deserter!;)

Although with all these willys in the N/W I can see prices starting to plummet, due to them being so common.

Just had another look at that Willy 1 paul I showed you. Tempted. Steph said shed have mine and I could have that! Cool. Then she thought its look sad having 2 clios of the same colour in the car park!

Hope you get a good home for her. I think we should interview the buyers, and make sure you get a good un.

LOL! Good idea Mike, we can ask them questions such as "At what temp should the engine be at before thrashing commences?" etc..Is that Willy I still up for sale then Mike?

The Jinx

Quote: Originally posted by paul1178 on 28 October 2004
LOL! Good idea Mike, we can ask them questions such as "At what temp should the engine be at before thrashing commences?" etc..Is that Willy I still up for sale then Mike?

Do you read any of the following magazines:

"Lacks Power", "Trevs", etc...

Polo GTi

Yeah will be good having another Northrrn fella in the "Northern Willy Clique", we can gang up and fight evil and wrong doings to fellow Willy owners.

We could become a World superpower delivering famine relif to war torn countries, we could supply aid to 3rd World countries, we could research cures for diseases, banish poverty and rag the tits off our cars.

Im defo up for this.