ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

training on the trials bike

That's not a big step! You should try riding down here in the westcountry, we have big steps lol.

Watching that makes me want to buy another bike now. I sold mine late last year, and plan on getting an 07 300 Gasser when I come back from holiday in May.

Ain't got many pics at work but heres me in 2002

small.JPG

And my old 2005 280 Gasser

gassmall.JPG

Can't wait to get my new bike, got itchy feet, have nothing to do on Sundays!

Dafthead

ClioSport Club Member
  MB EQC
Hey up Gary!

Saw a vid of you going up a portakabin or something on TC, it was at the top of a slope, Andy was bitching about his TC banner getting dirty haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't ridden the latest of either, so can't comment. I like the black frames, but they both have that.

I feel more at home on the Gasser, due to having them for so long. The Sherco feels so wide on the pegs compared, I think thats what puts me off.

182 CLIO SPORT
I haven't ridden the latest of either, so can't comment. I like the black frames, but they both have that.

I feel more at home on the Gasser, due to having them for so long. The Sherco feels so wide on the pegs compared, I think thats what puts me off.

Every one to there own as they say. well sherco aint that wide at the pegs anymore since there new frame. its made a big dif to the bike.

I will deffo have to try the sherco out, though my dad prefers me to get a gasser, as he and my brother both have them, and he only has to carry one set of spares. So it'll 99% be a 2007 300 Gasser. Oh, and I want it yellow like my 2005 bike.

182 CLIO SPORT
I will deffo have to try the sherco out, though my dad prefers me to get a gasser, as he and my brother both have them, and he only has to carry one set of spares. So it'll 99% be a 2007 300 Gasser. Oh, and I want it yellow like my 2005 bike.

Yeah that makes sence though so yeah good idea, thats what we do so every one has a sherco lol. well good luck when u get your bike!!

tiTTy & SV650
Nice playground Gary, that your back yard?

My what a clean shiney bike you have, what do you use to keep it so good? lol

182 CLIO SPORT
Nice playground Gary, that your back yard?

My what a clean shiney bike you have, what do you use to keep it so good? lol

yeah that is my back yard lol. the bikes looking elll mintoo rory. Its that stuff from scottoiler!!!!! ;)

tiTTy & SV650
^ good stuff, just don't get it on your brake pads and if you do remember you did and make sure you brake hard to burn it off.

182 CLIO SPORT
^ good stuff, just don't get it on your brake pads and if you do remember you did and make sure you brake hard to burn it off.

Here i'm a pro bike machanic so i'll manage that just ehhh lol. cheers. ordered my fcs ticket so i'm all set.

DUB mk2 golf gti!
nice to see some fellow trialers! my 125 txt gasser! has been sat im my garage for over a year now!:dapprove: ent got the time! its not quite as powerful as your 300's but still great fun!:cool:

182 CLIO SPORT
nice to see some fellow trialers! my 125 txt gasser! has been sat im my garage for over a year now!:dapprove: ent got the time! its not quite as powerful as your 300's but still great fun!:cool:

Hey up chap. yeah the good old trials, you can't beat it. I'm still going strong at it trying to keep up with young guns in british trials!!!:D

DUB mk2 golf gti!
i did it abit when i was younger and still in skool! but that must of been over 4 years since i did it at any kinda event! i use it now and then to potter about out the back in the forrest's! still great fun tho!:cool:

I did quite a few nationals in the youth b class, and a few intercentre team trials (one at hawkstone park which is awesome), but when I hit adult I stopped riding as much. Couple of the people I was riding against are doing the world rounds now. I wasn't as good as them though, I came between 8th and 14th ish in the nationals lol.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
used to enjoy messing about on my mates trials bike, got a 250 montessa dougie lampkin replica, quite a nice looking bike.

i thought about getting one when i got rid of my 125 crosser due to the better reliability and less maintenance, you can pretty much start them and ride off, wheras on the crossers you have to warm them up which sucks!

never did in the end as i wanted to get a decent car, and my wrists and balance couldnt take it, i prefer to scream the b****cks off a crosser instead of doinf tight technical riding!

can appreciate the skill involved in it, is a very hard thing to get the hang of!

DUB mk2 golf gti!
lol i was allways told when i was younger that blokes that ride crossers are stupid idiots that only like to go fast! also i found it quite funny when i used to go to the local forest/dirt track! that i would hear all this noise,then when one of um tried to go up any kinda incline,it would stall straight away!lol its not bout going fast,just as much fun trying to tackle an incline thts allmost 90 degree!lol:evil:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
^^ very true!

and yes i do like going fast!
i dont have the best balance and patience, i think thats why i never really clicked with trials, im not a very technical person with things like that!

BMW M5 & E36
Cant beat a bit of trials action! :approve:

I had a Gas Gas 280 pro not so long ago, and my dad had an older 320. Used to ride in an awesome quarry which was open to us 365 days a year, fantastic location. Closed now though as far as i'm aware.

I lost the old man at the end of last year to cancer so I've had to sell both of them since :dapprove: .

Maybe have another go one day.

182 CLIO SPORT
Cant beat a bit of trials action! :approve:

I had a Gas Gas 280 pro not so long ago, and my dad had an older 320. Used to ride in an awesome quarry which was open to us 365 days a year, fantastic location. Closed now though as far as i'm aware.

I lost the old man at the end of last year to cancer so I've had to sell both of them since :dapprove: .

Maybe have another go one day.

Sorry to hear that mate :(. you'll be back in action again i'm sure.

Rb182cup+s2 rallye
i tried the motor bikes once was pretty good but ill allways stick with the push bikes anyone ride the ymsas? i do the bike version won expert stock last year so im riding elite this year altho ive not rode for about 2 months so im pretty s**t lol.