ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trax Information & Discussion Thread

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
Does anybody need any of these parts as can bring these on Sunday

Top Inlet Manifold
Ph1 172 Rear Lights
Tuner List Cassette Radio
Ph1 172 Speedo Clocks
Ph1 172 Passenger Airbag

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Okay mate cheers.

Seeing your RB and all the others is going to make me even more desperate for one lol looking forward to it.

FF 182
I'm going up with a mate tomorrow he is on the fast car stand in a red Punto on bbs wheels! I will come over to the cliosport tent though even though the 182 isn't on show :(

ITB BG 182
Where has everyone camped, I'm here but can't find anyone!! Some one call vicky or pm me your number ASAP if
you are camping or know some one camping?

WRX
Well all in all was a good day, being early I helped the boys unload the van. I had a so-so first session followed by a better second session on track. Rained a bit, got mugged as usual at the burger vans but really enjoyed the day overall. It wasn't the chavfest i expected. Everyone else enjoy it?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I've just got back now. I really enjoyed today actually. Of course some of the cars there are very 'different', but there was plenty of stunning cars too.

God dam you Owen for talking me into buying that torch ;)

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Lol, hi!

Big thanks to Team Admin, Team Torches and Cakey for making it a great weekend!x

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Had a good day, was a better show than last year IMO.

Some great cars on show, the E30 M3 on the Fast car stand (I think) on the BBS alloys was stunning, and the E12 M5 Turbo parked over the bridge was amazing!

182 Cup
Nice to meet you brian and nik! Nearly got me to buy 2 torches but I resisted haha.

Saw some clios flying on track, no idea if they were members or not though! One ph1 seemed to be going well in one session, passing cars every lap.we stayed for. Will definately come on the stand next year providing work allows, and maybe even go on track :eek:

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
One ph1 seemed to be going well in one session, passing cars every lap.we stayed for. :eek:

Will have been Mike in his Silver 197 cammed PH1, he was certainly flying! Chip was out in his PH1 Turbo as well but disappeared 1/2 way through a session, I know he was having some issues with the car, hope it didn't let him down?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Was alot better this year. The weather helped alot. I didn't go on track due to funds but did the 0-60 sprint and managed a 5.87 which I was well happy with.

I had a good time, parked up at CS stand and went off for the whole day, came back to the CS stand and it was just me and someone else left!

We even started leaving just as the BDC ended, so I guess CS people aren't really interested in drifting?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Nice to meet you brian and nik! Nearly got me to buy 2 torches but I resisted haha.

Good to meet you mate, always nice to meet members and put faces to forum names. We certainly pushed those torches hard today lol!

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Was a really good day, although was a bit annoyed when out on track as I got bashed into by a black BMW (think it was a M3). Was good to meet a couple of people off here too!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
I had a good time, parked up at CS stand and went off for the whole day, came back to the CS stand and it was just me and someone else left!

We even started leaving just as the BDC ended, so I guess CS people aren't really interested in drifting?

There were 2 clios left when I left for home about 4:30ish. Drifting was good, the 200 with the V8 lump sounded amazing!

Bendunn

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy #24 NimbusR27
Took my trophy out on track for the first time today very impressed with the handling but ive warped and scored my disks (N) was in the 1030 session

TTRS & V50
T'was a good day, seemed huge compared to other years, but maybe I'm walking slower in my old age.

Anyway, was I the only one mugged off at the gate with the £2 programme guide.

Ph2 172
That 50p torch endd up being a real life saver for me after the clio broke down on the M25 in the dark!

BG182FF
956853[/ATTACH]"]IMG-20120902-00717.jpg

I left my 182 at home for Trax, took my brothers just-built 16v saxo instead. Was an absolute blast round the track, even though nearly every other car in that session had a turbo :)

Attachments

• IMG-20120902-00717.jpg
    IMG-20120902-00717.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 0
  182 Cup
SWHIv.jpg

The only photo of a Clio I took, sorting through other photos now there's too many :(.

Lack of track day experience here, but why has the Astra owner taped his number plate? Is it for ID reasons? If so that failed for him, if not, why?

172 Cup, 1.2 Grande
If its the e90/e92 he looked to be driving like a bit of a 'hero'.

I saw this lol.

Me and mates said he was gonna lose it soon and as soon as we said that......

Also the Yellow E36 took a bashing too.

Anyway good turn out and nice to meet you some guys

ITB BG 182
I asked him about this when it was in the stands, as such. Was told he had a show plate on but was told to take it off before track session.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Will have been Mike in his Silver 197 cammed PH1, he was certainly flying! Chip was out in his PH1 Turbo as well but disappeared 1/2 way through a session, I know he was having some issues with the car, hope it didn't let him down?

Mike was going really well. I really struggled to catch back up with him when we got seperated in traffic despite my power advantage, he's a lot quicker than me at silverstone.

I stopped my last session a lap or two early as I had a boost leak out of the 197 recirc valve that wraps round the throttle body, was a 30 second fix luckily but I didnt want to risk damaging the turbo by running with a leak and risking over speeding it.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

Saw some clios flying on track, no idea if they were members or not though! One ph1 seemed to be going well in one session, passing cars every lap.we stayed for. Will definately come on the stand next year providing work allows, and maybe even go on track :eek:

What colour was it?
If it was silver it was Mike, if it was black it was me.

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
If its the e90/e92 he looked to be driving like a bit of a 'hero'.

Yeah I think it was him, a couple of the others I was with said they'd found it later on and it looked like it'd sustained damage in the area that we reckon that he hit us with...