ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tree related parking problem

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I have a small parking problem at the minute which is making my Clio look an even worse shed than it is already, a row of fcuk-off trees.
We recently moved house and now have a drive but it's not big enough for two cars. The other car is new and will be driven mainly by the wife who is expecting so will need to use the drive. Our other allocated parking is up the other end of the estate under a large row of trees. My car is accumulating handfuls of leaves under the bonnet and general shite in every exposed edge not to mention some stain like marks on the bonnet and roof that will undoubtedly need sandpapering off. I have options like park it over the drive or park it somewhere else etc. Is there any other solution like a small canopy or large brolly type device? I could use a cover but the car is usually dirty and this would obviously massage the dirt into the paint at the slightest breeze. I own the parking space so can use bolts in the floor etc but unfortunately can't accidentally set fire to the 25ft trees :mad:
Something along these lines maybe?
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/50280902/PVC_power_coated_steel_car_shelter.html
http://www.surfturf.co.uk/protex_compact.htm
Haven't got loads to spend on this though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I have a small parking problem at the minute which is making my Clio look an even worse shed than it is already, a row of fcuk-off trees.
We recently moved house and now have a drive but it's not big enough for two cars. The other car is new and will be driven mainly by the wife who is expecting so will need to use the drive. Our other allocated parking is up the other end of the estate under a large row of trees. My car is accumulating handfuls of leaves under the bonnet and general shite in every exposed edge not to mention some stain like marks on the bonnet and roof that will undoubtedly need sandpapering off. I have options like park it over the drive or park it somewhere else etc. Is there any other solution like a small canopy or large brolly type device? I could use a cover but the car is usually dirty and this would obviously massage the dirt into the paint at the slightest breeze. I own the parking space so can use bolts in the floor etc but unfortunately can't accidentally set fire to the 25ft trees :mad:
Something along these lines maybe?
http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/50280902/PVC_power_coated_steel_car_shelter.html
http://www.surfturf.co.uk/protex_compact.htm
Haven't got loads to spend on this though.

Just buy a good quality car cover mate, you could buy a canopy but it probably wouldn't last the test of time (might attract unwanted attention etc).

Fabia VRS & Yeti
It's a new (and unfinished) development so I'm going to see if the developers will put up some kind of shelter on the two affected parking bays, they might if everyone else moans too! Tbh no one else is using theirs probably because of this.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Clean the car then stick a cover over it? Or, if you leave the house before the mrs. Park over the drive
It's normally brown all winter tbh! I don't want to park over the drive/kerb as nobody else does and there are still construction vehicles/trucks/knobhead van drivers in and out all day at the moment. If everyone else does when the developments finished I may.
A massive 'ice screen' sheet would be ok as a cheap option, if it's thin enough I could shut one end in the bonnet and the other end in the boot? Bonnets stone chipped to buggery so no worries of scuffing that. Just need to find the material while I wait for the developer to get back to my ar5ey email.

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Silly question possibly, but has the car's paint been protected with wax / sealant etc..?

A flimsy shelter would blow away or smack into the cars whereas a cover I would think would wear the edges off your paint in no time. They're not really designed to be used outdoors every day... well I'd not think so anyway.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Silly question possibly, but has the car's paint been protected with wax / sealant etc..?

A flimsy shelter would blow away or smack into the cars whereas a cover I would think would wear the edges off your paint in no time. They're not really designed to be used outdoors every day... well I'd not think so anyway.
It had a hand applied coat of Dodo juice purple haze not too long ago but is in now way 'detailed'! It's the tree crud/leaves getting in everywhere thats more annoying!

A permanent canopy type thing is needed, but I'll be fcucked if I'm paying for it!

How about just man up?

It's only a tree. It's not attacking your car and letting the tyres down is it?

The marquee you linked to. That's what CS has, well a bigger version, and as great as it is, it won't stand up to strong wind.

So your car gets some leaves on it and gets a bit dirty. Big deal. It's a Clio worth about 4 grand. If you had a Ferrari you might have my sympathy.

Fabia VRS & Yeti
How about just man up?

It's only a tree. It's not attacking your car and letting the tyres down is it?

The marquee you linked to. That's what CS has, well a bigger version, and as great as it is, it won't stand up to strong wind.

So your car gets some leaves on it and gets a bit dirty. Big deal. It's a Clio worth about 4 grand. If you had a Ferrari you might have my sympathy.

Try 2k and not after any smypathy! Just wondered if anyone knows of a small canopy/cover. There are some on alibaba but it's a last resort if the developers won't put anything up, it's not just me either!