ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trev's RB 182 build...

RB 182FF
Hey up lads,

Picked up my clio 2 weeks ago and loving it already, since then I've done a few bits so thought I'd start a thread.....

Here's a pic from when I got her home

3y4yrany.jpg

Then the following weekend I went to ktec to pick up a few goodies. Ktec/janspeed supersport exhaust system, ktec decat, aerocatches and some carbon exhaust surrounds.

vyvysu9u.jpg

he3u3uzy.jpg

Also the gearbox had a slight crunch from 4th to 3rd so took the box out on Wednesday, was sent to agency transmission for a full rebuild. Took me just under 4 hours to get it out on my own on my drive

yqegy9et.jpg

And whilst the gearbox is at agency transmissions I've done a few little things. Fitted a new LUK clutch, fresh set of NGK plugs, sprayed the rocker cover and inlet manifold, changed the engine oil and filter and gave the engine bay a little de grease.

e2y4y2um.jpg

eqynamar.jpg

8y4anyta.jpg

qaduraga.jpg

va5a6uha.jpg

yma3yjeh.jpg

Will be doing loads more to the car so just keep an eye out

Trev

RB 182FF
Cheers looking to replace he coolant tank, paint the callipers, use fresh brake fluid and a few other bits before the gearbox is back!

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Nice work. Out of interest did you drop the full subframe, just the passenger side or did you go out the top when removing the gearbox? Got to do mine next weekend and thinking I'm going to just remove the subframe and hope the captive nuts don't give up on me.

RB 182FF
I removed the subframe
Mate, left the struts, calipers and hub stills on! Comes out easy then

RB 182FF
Gave my calipers a paint today took them off, wire brushed them down and gave them 2 coats of silver hammerite smooth!

e3amu4yr.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/29/eda6asub.jpg[/IMG

Also fitted my aerocatches as well.

[ATTACH=full]1155824[/ATTACH]

Trev

Attachments

• une7e6at.jpg
    une7e6at.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Nice mate, i see you have 20mm front spacers?

I am looking for a set of tpi bolts like yours, have yours been cut down to fit?

RB 182FF
Yeah mate, spacers were on the car when I bought it, so were the bolts. I don't think they've been cut down, thread looked pretty normal.

RB 182
Threads were trimmed by about 2-3mm mate, they were bottoming out on the hub at the standard length.

Liking the touches so far!

RB 182FF
Just ordered some new plates with the 3/4 front plate, hel braided lines, ate super blue racing brake fluid, new coolant header tank, renault coolant and a citroen c2 ariel, hopefully they should all be here by tomorrow

RB 182FF
Plates and the braided hoses turned up today so got them fitted also fitted some new rear brake pads and painted the rear calipers. Slightly annoyed as I payed an extra £5 postage from euro car parts for some bits to be delivered today but they didn't so I'll be ringing them up in the morning.

Trev

ybu9ygem.jpg

gy6ajuty.jpg

e8e6yjev.jpg

ruqa4ena.jpg

RB182
Looks good. Nice touches so far!
Get some of the oem black front bumper inserts as your bumper must've been repainted.

RB 182FF
Looks good. Nice touches so far!
Get some of the oem black front bumper inserts as your bumper must've been repainted.

Thanks mate, yeah it had them on when I got the car but they were tatty so I removed them, where can I get some more?

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks mate, yeah it had them on when I got the car but they were tatty so I removed them, where can I get some more?

I've had a hard time finding what is meant by these inserts, can you link me to what they are and where they go? Thanks

Nice car btw, this colour is by far the best imo.

RB182
I've had a hard time finding what is meant by these inserts, can you link me to what they are and where they go? Thanks

See attached for pics with and without the inserts

Attachments

• ruqa4ena.jpg
    ruqa4ena.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC_0285.jpg
    DSC_0285.jpg
    397.8 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
  RB 182FF
Just a little update!

Car is all running now gearbox is in and feels sweet, gear changes are nice and smooth. Also swapped my Turini's and some cash with Bobby. for his 2118's, gave them a slight refurb, put the stickers on and they've came out pretty good, here's a couple of pics

Trev

Before
e4etere9.jpg

After

epatasa6.jpg

Last edited:
  RB 182FF
Gonna work on the interior next so gonna go for a pair of recaro profi spg seats with some 3" sabelt harnesses, followed by a safety devices rear bolt in cage and a sabelt renault sport steering wheel

RB 182FF
Sprayed the bonnet over the weekend, it hasd a massive stone chip on the front and major lacquer peel on one side, came out pretty good for a home job and the colour match was spot on here's a few pics.

Trev

every5ut.jpg

7usuteja.jpg

Added some filler to sort out a few dents

bene5yru.jpg

Primed

qa3enure.jpg

Homemade spray booth

5enudehy.jpg

Top coat & lacquer done

ruza9uzu.jpg

Flatted and polished and finished!