ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 201/500 Freshen up :)

R27 427/500 ALBI
Hey new to the site not got the best photo's at the minute due to my main camera not working so excuse the poor quality pics from my iphone.

I recently took ownership of trophy build number 201 , good condition but needed a few new bits and a bit of good old care.

After a day of having her 3 problems i noticed.

1. I have broken the splitter ( Doh )
2. Exhaust is now blowing slightly
3. Dampers seem Harsh.

Was payday this week so ordered a few new bits from K-Tek

New exhaust mounts, Carbon splitter , apax Springs , Power flex bushes - Anti Roll bar front and back , Dog-bone mount lower engine , suspension bushes , wishbone bushes , K+N filter , decat peace for my prospeed exhaust.

Next week the Bushes will be fitted and the dampers sent off for a rebuild.

Then the car will have a detail throughout ...

Next on the list ...

HALF LEATHER REAR SEATS
CAGE (SPRAYED IN TROPHY RED)
OMP WHEEL
OMP HARNESS

Splitter was fitted today will update the pictures soon.

Comments welcome .

Picture117-1.gif

Picture118.gif
\
Picture116-1.gif

Delivery.....

Picture153.gif

Picture149.gif

Picture146.gif
Picture147.gif

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Apex once the dampers have been sent away and returned.
That will utterly ruin the car. The only way to lower a Trophy is through someone that knows what they are doing, Mark Fish etc.
Honestly, Apex are horrid on the Clio's.

R27 427/500 ALBI
Cant understand that i have a friend of mine who has the same Sach dampers with same set of springs and handles sweet ? :dapprove:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Would these be the Mark fish (Koni) shocks?
I think he does 2 options. Custom springs for the standard dampers all round, then the revalved adjustable koni shocks with custom springs on the rear.
Heard nothing but good things about them. I've not heard a good word about Apex, and they were utterly woeful on my 172 (fitted by prev owner).

S2 106 GTI
Looking to uprate the bush's on mine. But only downside with poly ones are harder and make the car shake!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I think he does 2 options. Custom springs for the standard dampers all round, then the revalved adjustable koni shocks with custom springs on the rear.
Heard nothing but good things about them. I've not heard a good word about Apex, and they were utterly woeful on my 172 (fitted by prev owner).

Oh right. cheers Warren.

I had a blast in a trophy the other day, i was very impressed with it TBH :approve:

R27 427/500 ALBI

Yeah but 172's dampers are altogether different from the T , my mates 182 with the sach dampers is fine , see how i get along if i hate them i will take them off but from how my friends car drove i will be more than happy,

Oh right. cheers Warren.

I had a blast in a trophy the other day, i was very impressed with it TBH :approve:

I love them and i have had alot better cars ..Trophy makes me smile every time , love it.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Fair enough fella, look forward to hearing your opinion. In fairness I've not heard of them being used on a Trophy.

R27 427/500 ALBI
Yeah well should be fine they are on my mates , I am having the dampers rebuilt anyway so be a nice ride :).

Cant wait to get started with getting it all ready and sorted for 2010 :approve:

Always been a Vw and Vauxhall Man myself.