ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy 201 Clean and Quick Ride out - ( Pictures content ) -(56k no no )

535d / t5 caravelle
Usually me and a mate but I'm not 100% with the cambelt and i don't want to risk it , what part of Blackburn are you from bill ?
I think I've seen your car knocking about :)

wilpshire mate, dont really get much further afield at the minute, with babys etc, where abouts you from?

To you, & the OP.

What did you find so bad about the Sachs? Genuine question as i also use it for track days.

Keen to see if you have the same issues.

is that not the same person ;)

R27 427/500 ALBI
I'm from (Ewood) , who was the guy who had a trophy near plaqgate high school ?

I've not seen it for ages !!

You ever go on any meets ?

And Dave i didn't like them i found they rolled abit too much under heavy load ?

Leigh

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
And Dave i didn't like them i found they rolled abit too much under heavy load ?

I'd agree with that lol ... gonna try making them a bit harder on the front, fitting some eibachs & rear koni's. Drove one with the MF setup the other day and roll wasnt something that i'd mention in the same sentence tbh, was too stiff if anything, esp on the hardest setting !!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I've got the same setup on mine mate. You won't get good reviews on here... everyone's driven them and crashed, apparently. lol.

They're hard, but I don't have an issue with them.

R27 427/500 ALBI
Must be some bad drivers ;) I cant fault them used them on track and Road i think there fine and hold up really well , Ive still got a set of sach so not lost anything but my Gaz verginity haha :)

I still need to pop along on a North west meet chris :)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I don't get the obsession with eliminating roll tbh. My 172 on KW V2's rolled on the softest front setting on track, firmest on the rear with the ARB. Bags of traction, adjustable, and quicker than most of the R26 boys at Oulton. Firmer we went on the front, the slower it went.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
I don't get the obsession with eliminating roll tbh. My 172 on KW V2's rolled on the softest front setting on track, firmest on the rear with the ARB. Bags of traction, adjustable, and quicker than most of the R26 boys at Oulton. Firmer we went on the front, the slower it went.

What makes me giggle is that everyone bangs on about how sh1t saxo/106's are, & then spends hundreds of pounds making their clio drive like one.

Softer front for grip, then an ARB & stiffer rear dampers/springs to make it more mobile/twitchy.

Then strip the hell out of it to reduce weight & further increase rear end mobility.

Just buy a saxo FFS.