ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy 225!

2.0 175dci rs meggy

any one seen one yet in the flesh???

will take pics tommy as have one at work! #159 (nice bit of kit - not much of a difference to a normal 225 though)

[Edited by JAMESSRICH on 15 March 2005 at 9:07pm]

MKIII 138

its in this weeks autocar i think.. its got a two page review. usual comments about exellent in gear accelaration. but the steering has a new rack and has been given less assistance and more feel. i think the front is 25% stiffer and 75% stiffer (!) at the rear although it still uses the same crude rear axel setup. ESP is switchable now. so its a greater car perhaps close to a golf GTI but at 20k its pricey for most folk. it will do a wrx impreza to 100 anyway and has 6.1 to 60 so very simular 0-60 as wrx also its faster than a golf GTI 6.7 60 and faster to 100 than that.. but it still looks a it weird for most people, although i like it funky looks TBH and its very tunable.

if people/mags new they could get one for £16495 from internet retailers they would probably rate it better VFM and a better choice than wrx/gti/LCR/CTR/MCS etc..

I drove one and in gear from 70 in 4th was rapid to 90 the pull much greater than the 172.

they tested it against something really fast also and it had the same lap time ??? dunno what it was cant remember. said anthing this side of a boxster-s couldnt beat it really. so sounds an impressive car and im sure they will keep worknig on it.

Weeman sucks ****

Saw it yesterday in Autocar, apparently better than the standard, got good ratings and harris was driving it so say no more.

The wheels look really nice to:D

when picking up my new 182 yesterday they had a trophy megane in the showroom-very mean looking car indeed-the wheels and brakes on the thing are huge.had quick sit in it and nice interior-lots of carbon fibre on the dash-well it looked like carbon anyway:oops: nice car ibut not sure if i had 20k burning a hole it would be my first choice,btw loving the 182 so im happy as anyway!!!

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by 16vnutter on 16 March 2005

when picking up my new 182 yesterday they had a trophy megane in the showroom-very mean looking car indeed-the wheels and brakes on the thing are huge.had quick sit in it and nice interior-lots of carbon fibre on the dash-well it looked like carbon anyway:oops: nice car ibut not sure if i had 20k burning a hole it would be my first choice,btw loving the 182 so im happy as anyway!!!
but people who pay full list price for 182s i.e £15k could go on the internet and pay 16.5K for one of these.

i much prefer the Laguna GT 205hp and nice red leather seats and funky dials. better for cruising around in. chip to 245hp for stealthy car.

Mark 1 Clio V6

If you can find a Megane 225 Trophy for £16.5k show me where.

My normal 225 cost me £16k (with leather).

I would doubt any of these apparently limited edition Trophy cars will be available anywhere other than from Renault dealers. Therefore no discounts to be had, therefore £20k plus for your Megane.

MKIII 138

Nice images thanks for taking them m8. dont supose you could get a wider interior shot.

loving the drilled discs. you gonna get one ? i know the trophy still wont have the same feel or cornering agility as the smaller 182 but you have to admit thats only at higher speeds. BBPT do simple exhaust and induction kit and without a remap it yeilds 245bhp !! must manage 270hp fairly comfortably and looking at 5.5 to 60 with that clever electronic diff.. also boost top speed uto around 160mph i would think as per chipped LCR and astra GSI.

Clio 197

b*GGeR! Bum... Poo...!

Why do they always use the money youve already spent, on improving what you bought in the first place... :confused:

Still, if the test drives continue to prove its worthy of its engine, then I can really see myself buying yet another french car in the future... :confused:

I can see myself leaving my GP with a piece of paper saying:

"Rx Fluoxetine 10mg", lol.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 16 March 2005

b*GGeR! Bum... Poo...!

Why do they always use the money youve already spent, on improving what you bought in the first place... :confused:

Still, if the test drives continue to prove its worthy of its engine, then I can really see myself buying yet another french car in the future... :confused:

I can see myself leaving my GP with a piece of paper saying:

"Rx Fluoxetine 10mg", lol.
lol sorry dude, if you had known about this would you have waited before you purchased you first 225 or the 182. you cant get the trophy otherwise you will have fallen rihgt into renos full trap more than anyone else..

my advise GET IN THE CUE !! i want one :p

are these out yet then? fairly sure i sat behind one exactly like that the other day. Could of just been a normal sport one though. Looked rather tastey though.

black golf v6 4 motion

Quote: Originally posted by Guilbert on 16 March 2005

are these out yet then? fairly sure i sat behind one exactly like that the other day. Could of just been a normal sport one though. Looked rather tastey though.
lol at normal

Mini Cooper S sport

That does actually look pretty nice - still not a big fan of that ass, but for 5.5 secs to 60, I could live with that!

Mark 1 Clio V6

I dont see a Trophy on this site.

As under 200 will be coming to the UK, no discounts need to be given.

Renault UK will sell all quickly for £20k a piece.

LY 200

Looks the dogs danglies!!!

Amazing what a nice set of wheels and stoppers can do for a car!!!

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 16 March 2005

exactly what i thought, there is no trophys on there

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner

mmmmmmmmm, you tapping on the door of EVO money there though. I know which car i would go for !

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by mauricewt on 17 March 2005

mmmmmmmmm, you tapping on the door of EVO money there though. I know which car i would go for !
yea only in purchase price though m8, and i agree id like a 260 evo but purchase price is only the start of the huge monthly bills.. fuel econ and servicing + ins and road tax are gonna be way higher on an EVO. so if you still wanted a hugely fast car with lots of kit and safety + decent ride etc.. id still think @ 17k you have a decent car in the trophy. just remap it to 270 and keep with an evo

Clio 200 Cup packed

Quote: Originally posted by 182_blue on 17 March 2005

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 16 March 2005

exactly what i thought, there is no trophys on there

taken from that site:

RENAULT MEGANE SPORT HATCHBACK SPECIAL EDS 2.0 T Renaultsport 225 Trophy 3dr

No. of Doors
Fuel Type
Petrol
Gearbox
Manual

Emissions (g/km)
Engine Size
Introduced

Insurance Group
MPG
On the Road price

£

£

hope fully the price of the orginal will drop to 10k muhaha and then il get reno to reduce steering assistance and slap some coilovers on.

Suzuki SV1000S

I told you it was a trophy guys, £16700 is very tempting, If they did P/X I think I would go for it. Although Autocar and Renault have said that by the end of the year they will be releasing a cup kit for the current 225s to uprate them to the same spec, although would be nice to have one of the 200 limited editions - Ringing renault now - Think I need to test drive one of these before the TBs are done

Ziel Nurburgring

Odd how they can do a big release on the 1st and have it in the showroom 2 weeks later, but if you go and try an order a 182/225 you have a 3 month waiting list.

And lol at the cup pack for the 225. Talk about sh*tting where you eat

Mark 1 Clio V6

I would be very surprised if the internet trader offering for £16,700 could actually follow through on it.

If anyone has actually ordered one for less than £20k then let us know where.

Renault would IMO be very unwilling to let a car with only 200 hitting the UK to go for any less than the standard £20k price.

Some internet companies also offered the mk2 V6 for massive discount, but when it came to it could not actually deliver those discounts as Renault UK were unwilling to pass them on that cheap.

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 17 March 2005

I would be very surprised if the internet trader offering for £16,700 could actually follow through on it.

Renault would IMO be very unwilling to let a car with only 200 hitting the UK to go for any less than the standard £20k price.

Some internet companies also offered the mk2 V6 for massive discount, but when it came to it could not actually deliver those discounts as Renault UK were unwilling to pass them on that cheap.
whats the point of grassing up people when enthusiasts on this forum have a chance at getting a really good deal on these cars ? let the internet people work their magic.. most people on here wouldnt have 182/172/225s without the stunning internet deals avaliable

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 17 March 2005

Craig Ive already said, I was offered one on Saturday for £17500. From a dealer.

Suzuki SV1000S

mmm I am going to llok at one on Saturday - They wont let me test drive it though - Said it was the same as normal 225 - What is that all about eh!

Clio 197

Err...

Guys, if anyone is considering getting one, I strongly advise you to take it for a full-monty test drive :devilish:....

That way, youll avoid disappointment.;)

Suzuki SV1000S

Yeah you can, But it will automatically come back on if it senses the need to, although the guy from autocar said he couldnt get it to come back on when on the track :D

Mark 1 Clio V6

I will believe these discounts when someone buys one.

Doesnt ring true that Renault would bring out a limited edition car of which only 200 will hit the UK shores and then drop the price by £2,500 within 3 days of it being available to order. Something not right there!!!!!!!!!

Surely not even Renault can be that inept when it comes to business?

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 18 March 2005

I will believe these discounts when someone buys one.

Doesnt ring true that Renault would bring out a limited edition car of which only 200 will hit the UK shores and then drop the price by £2,500 within 3 days of it being available to order. Something not right there!!!!!!!!!

Surely not even Renault can be that inept when it comes to business?

build a car that fall s apart offer sh*t dealer service then bring out new models every month anilating existing customer base is the general way. i fully belive they are good at making quick money but long term they fail to keep a sustained profit hence the french government giving them subsidies all the time.

about the ESP. A 172 will switch back on in extreme circumstances why wouldnt you want that to happen ? ok you push it far ride on a grass embankment two wheels have grip two dont ESP will save your life at that point. Secondly ESP was swithcable to 35mph (so best launches possible) on first 225 model. and anyone who really cared about this would have fitted a Racelogic Traction/esp/Launchcontrol unit and been able to FULLY disable this safety feature and set to 20% slip 30% 50% etc.. so ways around this.