ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

trophy crashed at cadwell?

E90
Nige182 said:
Do you think people don't want pictures of their accidents on the net in case it reduces the resale value of their car? If they don't go through insurance and pay themselves it wouldn't be recorded as having been in an accident?
If everyone was honest you wouldn't have to worry about buying a pre crashed car. Its a growing trend fixing accidents without insurance etc, HPI means fcuk all these days imo. if people were honest there would be no worries.

106 GTi
Karen said:
Really? What about the ones that aren't driveable and are trailered away, surely the insurance would query a massive accident with no witnesses? :S

The non driveable ones not sure, it's those that smack a wing or quarter on some armco or another car that still drive that make out it happens on the road.

fUbAr said:
yeah Greenlight cover all UK tracks except Castle Combe too... i was chatting to the guy on the phone and he said its because of the amount of crashes and claims they used to have as a result of Combe...

The open to the public Action Days are full of nutters thats why!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Lee said:
It's the way so many people on here take great pleasure in other peoples misfortune that's the issue. It's all too common on here these days and leaves me wanting nothing more to do with ClioSport.

I had texts of people asking who had crashed, not because they cared though, just because it's good gossip.

Why don't these people do like we did have day off & come along & enjoy the event instead of s**t slinging!!!!!!!!!

As for insurance on track days as i understand it you can only insure on slidding scale %age of damage done.

Clio 182
Greenlight cover full value of car as per road policy, just the excess doubles.

As asked above, CCI are good for one off cover, bit more expensive though.

What's up with Castle Combe then??

Turbos.
Insurance for track days is a rip off in my experience, even if you do pay a lot, the excess can be thousands, so unless you actually write the car off it's just not work.

For example, track day cover for the NSX is over £100, with something like a £4k excess, and it will only cover up to something like £26k despite the car being insured on the road for a value of £40k.

Clio 182
cliobuyer said:
Insurance for track days is a rip off in my experience, even if you do pay a lot, the excess can be thousands, so unless you actually write the car off it's just not work.

For example, track day cover for the NSX is over £100, with something like a £4k excess, and it will only cover up to something like £26k despite the car being insured on the road for a value of £40k.

Should go with Greenlight then! £50 for cover, excess only double the normal road policy excess (so hundreds not thousands) and value of car covered.

Lee

BMW M2C
cliobuyer said:

Look at the crash rate at that last track day. 40 cars 2 crashed. The chance of an insurance company having to pay out is a hell of a lot higher than on the road, so what they charge isn't all that bad.

The chances of a write off are pretty hight, especially with a Trophy as the parts are so expensive. It cost me £120 to cover it for the day with a £1200 XS. Worth it if it gets written off.

In some cases it may be for insurance purposes people want it keeping off the net. But to me it's more a pride thing.

I paid £50 insurance for Cadwell with double excess with Greenlight. I'm happy to pay that just for piece of mind.