ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

'Trophy' decal removal.

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Right, bought an Oem replacement trophy sticker. The current one on it has faded, cracked and gone yellow. At some angles you car barely see it.

Whats the best way to remove. Obviously without marking the paint etc etc. But then any tips on re-fitting it perfectly?

Help and suggestions appreciated.

J.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Heat gun/hair dryer and lightly heat and peel off. Then polish up offending area, ideally wipe down with ipa/panel wipe then refit.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
As gally says. That is the best way, hairdryer will be a safer alternative to a heat gun though

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy
Heat gun/hair dryer and lightly heat and peel off. Then polish up offending area, ideally wipe down with ipa/panel wipe then refit.

As easy as that? What about refitting though? Any way of marking the skirt to help me line back up the new sticker?

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I'd just reapply it without properly measuring then be pissed off every time I walk up to the car for eternity noticing that it's wonky and then eventually sell the car because of it but never forget.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd just reapply it without properly measuring then be pissed off every time I walk up to the car for eternity noticing that it's wonky and then eventually sell the car because of it but never forget.

LOL.

You could always peel it off and clean it and there might be a bit of a mark / fade where the original sticker was.

Clio 182
If there's any residue left after decal comes off use 'sticky stuff remover'- iirc £5 from Halfords, helped a mate remove vinyl from a van in no time, stuffs magic

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
My "Trophy" Decals on the side skirts / sills are under the lacquer and i thought all decals where like this? Even my spare set of sills (Trophy Ones) are like this with the OE Sticker under the lacquer

Like you have i have new decals from Renault as i have spare sills i wanted to put them on but I'm not going to mess the lacquer or paint.

TrophyDecal01.jpg

TrophyDecal02.jpg

JoshOm3

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup'182/Rs2'd Trophy

I love this.... Lol.

Back to the subject though, I still haven't done this yet.