ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy v 172 Cup video on track at Goodwood

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Ahhh, the joys of trackdays...with a little frustration thrown in at the end for good measure. It's nice to see a Trophy in its natural habitat...

Session4-Lavantexit.jpg

4 min clip here - 20mb

Who said Trophy's were the fastest Clios... ;)

Arctic Blue Clio 182
V.Good video. Sounds like an aeroplane for sumreason lol. Trophy looks well on track

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
That whining noise is the tyres...Yoko A032's. Helped me out through the corners...but on the straights I was still reeling the Trophy in, even after backing off to let Nik get away from me first.

But then he has done only 6k miles and is still tight, whereas I'm knocking on the door of 50k.

172beast

Ah rate, some good stuff on the rest of that site also :race::race:

Elise/VX220/R26
just shows that for all the banging on thats done about 182/trophys they are essentially the same as a 172. good skills!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mods?

Engine wise...ITG panel, and R-sport ECU.
Suspension/brakes...goodridge lines, brembo discs, standard 50k old springs, dampers, and a fresh set of Renault pads.

Not a great deal done to it...and certainly no real (if any) power gains. I think I got one of the better ones from the factory.

MKIII 138
Adamf said:
Meggerman is always tells us the Cup is the fastest. Theres the proof lol ;-)

hey dont drag me into this lol lol

dint say cups fastest around corners but then again that great vid shows that all are equal at the end

i'd love to see a williams thrown in there...a good vid but the driving doesnt seem to be exploring the limits of the car/tyres...a bit of a sunday drive.... ;-)

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
Try the download again if you dont get the whole clip. Unfortunately this is what you get when you pay £5 a month for stupid amounts of webspace.

Roamer is right with the hosting of this site, you get what you pay for :p

MKIII 138
the only problem with the 172 is a slight lack of steering feel however for some reason the cup seems to have more

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
CHRIS172CUP said:
Whats the crack with this windows media player? play about 2 seconds and stops?!?! I wanna see it!

The stupid host kept disconnecting downloads :mad:

Right Click, Save As. It should download the whole thing.

ITB'd 182...
awesome vid!sure showed dat tvr.must off bin a old man.lol.thort the accelerator was da br8k.lol.nice 1!:clown: