ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trophy vs Cup

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
have you seen what renault charge for these dampers to be replaced? then ask why renault did what they did lol

and as for the spax there was a trophy that went over to the spax and the driver rated them very highly for the price compared to the trophy set up.
Yeah mate I've seen what they charge, it's not cheap however if you buy a trophy you've already got them ;)

To do the swap on a 172 to trophy suspension is just not feasable as you've got to get new track rods, hubs, shafts etc.

I've already had the spax track day kit on my last 182 and thought it was crap, my standard suspension was far better stability wise, used to get back ache after being in it for 30 mins. I'm still convinced there was something wrong with them but apparently not.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I'm waiting to hear if I've purchased the RSX kit in the for sale section but if not I'm going for new Cup dampers all round with Eibachs... can't be arsed with spending a serious wedge on AST's or similar without first trying a car with that setup correctly installed.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Eibach's with a whiteline RARB is a very good set up and keeps the car practical for day to day use. A mate of mine has new cup dampers on his and it handles really nicely.