ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Trying my hand at arty photography...

...dunno how successful there are but I'll let you lot be the judge of that...

Blackness Castle, on the River Forth, not far from Edinburgh. Last night looked like being a cracking sunset, so I set off from home but arrived at the location a bit late. Still fired off quite a few shots, with and without the car. Moved further up the road for a few more under artificial lighting just playing around with the camera. Here's the best of them, comments welcomed...

2007-08-08Blacknesssunsetpic2.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesssunsetpic3.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic3.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic4-modified.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic5-modified.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic6-modified.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic7-modified.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic8-modified.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic9-modified.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic10.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic11-modified.gif

2007-08-08Blacknesspic12.gif

Ally :)

Like the dark blue sky ones. Use lens filters or photoshop?
I still don't know much about my camera other than a brief faff around with shutter speed - no filters used although I really should investigate them. Was a Canon EOS 350d I was using with the standard lens. Wish I knew more about photography :dapprove:

The 5th-9th and the 11th pic above I tweaked the RGB balance using the Canon software, but apart from that the pics are pretty much as taken (apart from the sepia-toned one).

Stunin work ally! Need to give me a lesson!

Cheers Ali. Bring your camera on Tuesday and if we get a decent night of weather we could head down to the same location for some shots of mine, yours and Alan's? Only about 15mins from mine. Chat on Sunday...

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ok chief! Defo up for that! Not taken any shots of the car yet! Other than refueling! lol!

^ok chief! Defo up for that! Not taken any shots of the car yet! Other than refueling! lol!

Fingers crossed for a night night of weather then! Those pics were taken between 8.30 and 9.45pm, but probably from around 8pm would be best for sunset in the backdrop. And hope there's a bit of sun visible through the clouds LOL.

nice one!! how do you find the P Zero Nero's Ally?
Cheers Rob

The Pireeli's are as shiite as the service in the pub yesterday (see Scottish run thread)

I find them very noisy, although that's hard to quantify as I've not had any other tyre on this car yet. But the general consensus among SEAT owners is that they're loud - but I've noticed they're fine on smooth tarmac but shockingly noisy on normal roads at times. Seem to be good in the dry but utterly crap in the wet - I certainly had a couple of cheek-squeezing moments in the rain yesterday :eek:. Mine are quite worn though.

172cup
isn't the Canon EOS 350d a s**t-hot D-SLR at like 600 notes?

I'd expect better from it than shown above, if im being honest

isn't the Canon EOS 350d a s**t-hot D-SLR at like 600 notes?

I'd expect better from it than shown above, if im being honest
Err yes, taken with a Canon EOS 350d - an entry level DSLR but still a damn good camera in the right hands (but I only paid £250 brand new :approve:) - but I don’t claim to be a photographer LOL

What you can’t see is just how dark it was when those shots were taken: the camera was compensating for this a lot. I can guarantee you that it wouldn’t be possible to get a shot anything like that quality, in similar light, with a compact digital camera. No chance whatsoever.

he doesn't know how to use it thats why ;)
Less of the cheek! :rasp: ;). I’m still learning how to use the little bugger! Got the sky with tail lights shot as my desktop image :cool:

H22A7 Accord Type R
nice one!! how do you find the P Zero Nero's Ally?
Cheers Rob

The Pireeli's are as shiite as the service in the pub yesterday (see Scottish run thread)

I find them very noisy, although that's hard to quantify as I've not had any other tyre on this car yet. But the general consensus among SEAT owners is that they're loud - but I've noticed they're fine on smooth tarmac but shockingly noisy on normal roads at times. Seem to be good in the dry but utterly crap in the wet - I certainly had a couple of cheek-squeezing moments in the rain yesterday :eek:. Mine are quite worn though.

cool, just wondered how you found them. People rave about them for the ATR..... i think next, i am going to go balls out for the Bridgestone Potenza 050A's.......the hard as nails sidewall is supposed to be good on the car

Good choice - the folk on TRS with S2000s seem to love the RE050s.

I'm looking at getting Toyo Proxes 4's on my Ibiza (but I'll post about my current tyre situation later... :eek:)

Ally