ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tune_R Motorsport customer build. 197 Cup Tricolore Class F Race Car.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
As promised just some pics and details on a 197 we're doing for a fellow Tricolore Racer for the coming season.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452457670.647686.jpg

Original plan was to just finish off the build, some loom tidying, extinguisher install etc but the original builder has run out of time so I've got the full job to do.

As its class F, production class, it'll be similar to our own 172 cup in that modifications are limited and it'll be built as far as the regs will allow and also allow an easy upgrade to the higher classes.
-Full 14 point a Safety Devices bolt in cage as used in the Michelin cup road series.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458069.161853.jpg

-Upgraded pads, hoses and fluid, new springs, new oe shocks and poly bushes all around.
-safety stuff like battery, battery cut off and extinguisher system.

Managed to get the rest off the interior out today including roof lining and dash.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458047.168477.jpg

Also the sound deadening behind the dash which is a royal pita.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458126.032505.jpg

Got the seat mounted roughly. Just need to fabricate mounts to bring the rear seat rail up 15-20mm to level them out.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458216.662420.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458230.674285.jpg

That's it up to date really, car is going to the fabricator this week to have the cage done, harness eyelets welded in and any bracketry removed. I've marked them up for him because I'm nice like that!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458363.956969.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458384.761671.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458397.770132.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452458411.419033.jpg

Have loads of new shiny bits ready to bolt on once the cage in done and it's painted so watch this space, more shell prep and cage pics towards the end of this week.
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
See my other thread on here for our production spec 172 Cup. Going for a multipoint safety devices bolt in cage with all the options, rear X, X dour bars and tunnel brace. Cheapest place is through Mark Fish have a look in the group buy section.
Russ

Any recommendations on a roll cage for a 172? I am also looking at doing something similar to the tricolore? Thanks

Clio 172 ph1, mk7 r
See my other thread on here for our production spec 172 Cup. Going for a multipoint safety devices bolt in cage with all the options, rear X, X dour bars and tunnel brace. Cheapest place is through Mark Fish have a look in the group buy section.
Russ
Thanks will do

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Do like these.

How do they compared with the 1*2s in Class F? Are they all pretty even? Wondered if the fact it's a bigger car might be a disadvantage.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Guess we'll see! Not seen a 197/200 run in Class F yet but in theory they'll be pretty even. 197 might lose out in a straight line to a 172/182 but they're quicker in the corners for sure.
Russ

Do like these.

How do they compared with the 1*2s in Class F? Are they all pretty even? Wondered if the fact it's a bigger car might be a disadvantage.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Forgot to mention, managed to get a genuine Cup Racer rear spoiler from a friend.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453145945.227213.jpg

It just needs painted along with the wheels to match all The grilles/trims which are ready now.
Just off to check on the cage in a minute.
Russ

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Pictures are horrendous but cage is done. Just have the seat mount alterations to do and it's finished. All the brackets are removed, dash frame modified and harness eyelet plates fitted.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453153335.664302.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1453153386.661871.jpg

Excuse the lack of door bars, pointless putting them back on as the whole thing is coming out to be powder coated anyway.
Russ

MonkeyKnifeFight

ClioSport Club Member
  Rusty Cup
6th picture down, that magnetic yellow level is what i use in scaffolding. Im guessing someone helping you used to scaffold?

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Just a boat level most tradesman have them.. sparkies never use them mind ;)

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Been getting the interior ready for paint this weekend, removing all the sound deadening and giving it a general clean up. Still need to get the glue off.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454357757.510787.jpg

Half Filled a carrier bag and I'd say there was at least 5kg in there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454357803.222102.jpg

Had a root around under the bonnet and started removing the battery and box + air box and ridiculous amount of pipework, it all makes it so cluttered and hard to work on anything with that in place.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454357865.322761.jpg

New battery and cut off are on order to replace the standard battery along with a basic induction hose and filter.

Had the front bumper off too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454358137.431065.jpg

Stripped the fog lights and wiring out and fitted the grilles that have been painted. Probably gives you a clue as to what colour the cage and wheels are going to be!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454358253.149236.jpg

Refitted it temporary just to see what it looked like!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1454358280.713980.jpg

Bumper is back off so I can strip the bonnet release mech off and get some wires down for the transponder in the wheel arch.

Have a mountain of powerflex bushes, new springs and shocks, braided hoses etc to go on + some new front brakes courtesy of @George@RTR_Parts Brembo HC discs + cup spec Ferrodo Ds1.11 pads. Ordered them on Friday and got them on Saturday, awesome service and price as usual,thanks mate.

More updates coming this week. It's going to have the interior painted this coming weekend and then we can start and get it built back up. Plan is to shake it down at Oulton park at the start of march along with our 172. Be nice to get a comparison between them.
Russ

Renault Clio 172
Been getting the interior ready for paint this weekend, removing all the sound deadening and giving it a general clean up. Still need to get the glue off.
View attachment 146201

Half Filled a carrier bag and I'd say there was at least 5kg in there.
View attachment 146202

Had a root around under the bonnet and started removing the battery and box + air box and ridiculous amount of pipework, it all makes it so cluttered and hard to work on anything with that in place.
View attachment 146203

New battery and cut off are on order to replace the standard battery along with a basic induction hose and filter.

Had the front bumper off too.
View attachment 146206

Stripped the fog lights and wiring out and fitted the grilles that have been painted. Probably gives you a clue as to what colour the cage and wheels are going to be!
View attachment 146207

Refitted it temporary just to see what it looked like!
View attachment 146208

Bumper is back off so I can strip the bonnet release mech off and get some wires down for the transponder in the wheel arch.

Have a mountain of powerflex bushes, new springs and shocks, braided hoses etc to go on + some new front brakes courtesy of @George@RTR_Parts Brembo HC discs + cup spec Ferrodo Ds1.11 pads. Ordered them on Friday and got them on Saturday, awesome service and price as usual,thanks mate.

More updates coming this week. It's going to have the interior painted this coming weekend and then we can start and get it built back up. Plan is to shake it down at Oulton park at the start of march along with our 172. Be nice to get a comparison between them.
Russ
What date you doing Outlon? I need to book a day in there, as haven't been around since I sat my test!

Renault Clio 172
I've checked what they have, and can only do the MSV one, on the 16th. A mate of mine (potential customer for you) is going to be sitting his ARDS on that day too.

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Still waiting for it to come back from paint, should be tomorrow hopefully and I can start building it back up.
In the meantime made a blanking panel for the radio hole in the dash.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455470836.551668.jpg

Will house the electrical extinguisher box and internal button + the battery isolator controls. (This pic is actually of mine for the 172 as I made them both today)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455470914.636702.jpg

And fitted into the 197 facia, job done.
Russ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1455471003.396184.jpg

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Got the car back from being painted and got the cage back at the same time from being powder coated.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456179512.425729.jpg

Conservatory starting to look like Safety Devices warehouse with x2 full cages in there.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456179435.194132.jpg

Got the rear door cards trimmed round the cage brackets and riveted them in. Got the rear loom tidied up too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456179805.096969.jpg

Cage part fitted.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456179865.514479.jpg

And all in, fitted, unwrapped and all 54 bolts torqued up!
Hopefully get the dash, seats and belts etc in tomorrow.
Russ
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456179987.792739.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456180006.395446.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456180080.556644.jpg

Russ Rallye

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've registered for the series in class F so will do the odd round, not impressed with the calendar without Oulton or cadwell so not really desperate to get out at snetterton etc might do silverstone and brands depending on availability of the car.
Russ
Wow that some weight but absolutely no flex which is good hey.

Russ are you going to be racing in your Production class clio if it wont be hired out?

Yea bit on the fence with the calendar at the mo, but can see its a pain as the 2 most northern tracks arnt on there. Will you be doing Pembury?

Cant wait to see you race in the Prod class tbh after seeing you race in class A. Im also been thinking about changing to Production Plus... But we shall see how this season goes first.

WRX
That's a big list of people it doesn't suit this year. I'm lookinv at doing maybe the last two with everything else going on.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Most interesting.

Did you Tricolore guys race there last year? Would be interesting to see some lap times across the different classes.

Not that I want to thread hijack!

182cup & 172 racecar
I'm not keen on the calender either, but we are not in a position to dictate where we go I'm afraid.

Cage looks good Russ.