ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning Results

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
The noise is so so tempting i agree Jon. I'm thinking RS1, respray white, black turini's, PH2 rear and lights, buckets and ITB's which should make for one awesome car.

fantastic idea all but for two things... the back bumper and lights! they look wrong on the Ph1, doesn't go with the lines of the car, too angular imo! lol

JMR

RB 182 Cup
ive been told that the group n's 'trick' u into feeling that there is more power than there is by dropping the power delivery just before the 5k kick so when it does kick in it feels greater than it really is

thats why i opted for an rs tuning special

Got an RS Tuning special too.
Do you notice that the 5k kick is not as pronounced with pauls re-map, as the power and torque increase is so much better at lower to mids revs that the 5k kick now blends in?

James

VRS
ive been told that the group n's 'trick' u into feeling that there is more power than there is by dropping the power delivery just before the 5k kick so when it does kick in it feels greater than it really is

thats why i opted for an rs tuning special

Got an RS Tuning special too.
Do you notice that the 5k kick is not as pronounced with pauls re-map, as the power and torque increase is so much better at lower to mids revs that the 5k kick now blends in?

James

yep sure so, the cars running so must better now :)

Ben!
How do we know its not your manifold thats the joke? Only kidding.
I gave the fitter your instructions and he told me he got it bang on. Falkland have a good rep. Like I said, I'm happy with the results.

thats what i mean, i'm saying its not a good gain and i'm was wondering if something was out of alignment. But if everything is spot on and your fine then so am i.

Did ali go to falkland aswell, he has the same sort of mods doesnt he, be good to compare.

So you hav'nt actually had it on a dyno Dubai? How do you know these mods get the claimed gains? Documented proof is thin on the ground.

Seems to me its mostly hearsay and wishful thinking.

I haven't Jack, no, but i'm planning on very soon and i've had many a drag race with the friend with a RR'd clio with 202BHP and he can't pull more than 1 car length ahead to 100MPH. And i trust Olivier's word as he himself has a 225BHP clio and he said mine felt extremely quick for what it's had done.

I agree, evidence is very thin on the ground but hopefully i'll be able to confirm my thoughts within the next week or two.

oliver nicols?

If you speak to him again can you tell him to call/email me, his old email address doesnt work since he changed job and he's doesnt pop up on the french forum.

Thanks.

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I haven't Jack, no, but i'm planning on very soon and i've had many a drag race with the friend with a RR'd clio with 202BHP and he can't pull more than 1 car length ahead to 100MPH. And i trust Olivier's word as he himself has a 225BHP clio and he said mine felt extremely quick for what it's had done.

I agree, evidence is very thin on the ground but hopefully i'll be able to confirm my thoughts within the next week or two.

oliver nicols?

If you speak to him again can you tell him to call/email me, his old email address doesnt work since he changed job and he's doesnt pop up on the french forum.

Thanks.

I'll pass the message on. PM me if you want his mobile.

clio 200 F4Rt
interesting with the toque figure's etc.

Our 182 runs 170.1 lb ft of torque, with nothing more than a ITG panel fillter, and of course the all coquering BTB exhaust.

clio 200 F4Rt
i mean i obviosuly dont trust the rollers 100%, but car puts out 190.1bhp at 6400 and 170.1 lb ft at 5100 rpm.

VRS
so ur cars getting 190 with just exhaust and panel :)
thats alot of bhp from those 2 mods alone seeing as most 182's run mid 170's as standard!

M

mini-valver

Every 182 is different though, maybe they got a good one! To be fair, roller figures are nothing but a c**k enlarger, its all about driveability and how he car feels and reacts on the road.....

VRS
Every 182 is different though, maybe they got a good one! To be fair, roller figures are nothing but a c**k enlarger, its all about driveability and how he car feels and reacts on the road.....

yeah but 182 ps works out around 179 bhp so that means if the car is running true to its power (which most dont) then the exhaust and panel have added 11bhp!

im not critising, im just intrigued :)

cup 182 mit stripes
I know it's an economic necessity for tuners to exaggerate the efficaciousness of their products, but is fmp taking the pish?

Hope not, he seems such a nice fellow.

full fat 182 cup packs
My Car Is Going On The Rolling Road At Falkland Tomorow So I Wiil Let U Guys No How It Go S :d

clio 200 F4Rt
just trying to find the before one......

like i say, dont really trust roller that much. But if you use the same set, for before and after, then its still a good indication of what you have gained, rather than what you have got.

VRS
just trying to find the before one......

like i say, dont really trust roller that much. But if you use the same set, for before and after, then its still a good indication of what you have gained, rather than what you have got.

very true :D

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00

I've heard that criticism of RRs before, is it true? If it is then why bother. Best test I reckon is to go on an airfield or track and compete against lap times set by others (next Cliosport SW airfield meet on 25 Feb). :D

Cheers, Rob

clio 200 F4Rt
the car was producing (accordin to the rollers) above average power anyways, so you gotta question the actual power figure.

It was tested at Regal in Southampton, and i cant say i knwo how reliable their rollers are.

And like most things, the proof is in the actual driving etc

full fat 182 cup packs
No I Have Had It Remaped From Pual Murry And My Inlet Done I Just Want To See What It Has Before I Get My Cams

cup 182 mit stripes
So the same as me then. If you get more power than me I'll be gutted.

Was it you phoning Falkland on Tuesday about cams?

M

mini-valver

the car was producing (accordin to the rollers) above average power anyways, so you gotta question the actual power figure.

It was tested at Regal in Southampton, and i cant say i knwo how reliable their rollers are.

I was just about to say it may be running more than book figures. Good power figure though!

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Yes stoddie, Kevin was talking about your.. er.. 'troubles'.

lol....

he totally rips the piss out of you know who!!!

shame im not aat home at the mo, we coupld of met up for a race....... you along at the meet in a few weeks?

cup 182 mit stripes
Afraid not. I'm too long in the tooth for that. Maybe that's why my Clio is so slow, It's never been thrashed.

182 CLIO SPORT
No I Have Had It Remaped From Pual Murry And My Inlet Done I Just Want To See What It Has Before I Get My Cams

Hey up hows it going, so you only havea remap and the inlet done, have you got an ss system and decat fitted??? be good to see what your car has before you get thecams on, i'm waiting on my manifold matching to come then i'm going down to falkland to get it rr.

Black 172 MK2

where is this place in southampton as im down that way alot and have been looking for it to do a before and after test.

Milltek'd 182
fmp - What was the Shed car's output before the rollers?!? wana see difference the exhaust and filter made ;)

Dave