ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AmD BTCC Touring Car / Scorpion Roadtrip / Fiesta ST / AmD Essex

Me, my friend Chaz who works at Scorpion and his colleague Tom (R&D) went all the way down from Derby to Essex yesterday to AmD Tuning.

The car has a full decatted Scorpion exhaust with a Scorpion 4-1 manifold. The aim was to see what gains can be achieved from this setup and a remap, and i'm sure they will be using the graph/results for their marketing. Luckily traffic wasn't bad in the morning and arrived there at 9am (2 hours it took us).

When we go there we was invited to look at their touring car, which was purchased from another company for this season. AmD have since fettled with it. All I can say is wow. The build quality on this is unreal, however there isn't much of a Focus left under the shell. I'll let the pictures do the talking (only had my phone so excuse the picture quality)

12151427434_91ff362de6_b.jpg

AmD Touring Car by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr
12151682566_acbf9efdf0_b.jpg

12151265133_9a2789b0dc_b.jpg

12151004335_ffd9ac3ecf_b.jpg

12151000275_86251489d8_b.jpg

12151409814_3e54f4caf9_b.jpg

12150993125_7e6a667c36_b.jpg

Then the ST went on the rollers for a remap

12150988535_408d5c85a6_b.jpg

On the rollers by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr
12151651116_a41180de88_b.jpg

On the rollers by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

The car made 155bhp before and 166bhp 150lb/ft after the map. However it will be going on DynoTech's rollers shortly to confirm the results. The car feels so much more responsive now, and it seems to have better low down power than before. I don't have the graphs to hand atm but I will ask my friend to send my a copy.

12150983005_a7a75af2bd_b.jpg

Finished by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

I saw this caged clio outside, not sure if someone on here own's it or if AmD do as I never asked.

12151391654_cd13a6d3d9_b.jpg

Caged 182 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

12150975675_261b05328c_b.jpg

Caged 182 by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

There was also a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder parked outside of Torque (unit next to AmD) however I never got a photo, it sounded epic though!

On the way back we saw this Civic which looked so nice. Sounded awesome when he planted his foot down past us, it certainly shifted!

12151384104_5798c4407b_b.jpg

Civic by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Nice one, and decent result as well.

My mate is the owner of TDi North who now also operates as AmD Warrington. He was doing some of the work and mapping on the AmD car the end of last years BTCC when I bumped into him at Brands for the season finale. :)

Awesome. Didn't know they kept the touring car there. Almost want to book my car in for something just to have a look at it. Did they let you sit in it by any chance lol?

Nice one, and decent result as well.

My mate is the owner of TDi North who now also operates as AmD Warrington. He was doing some of the work and mapping on the AmD car the end of last years BTCC when I bumped into him at Brands for the season finale. :)

I think I may have met him at Donington BTCC the other weekend then, his name escapes me!

Awesome. Didn't know they kept the touring car there. Almost want to book my car in for something just to have a look at it. Did they let you sit in it by any chance lol?

Yeah it's tucked away in the back, they just left us with it! We didn't ask tbh, I would be too scared of breaking something!

Went to Donington BTCC with them the other weekend too! They're a good bunch of guys tbh :)

14077239801_26dbd5ed2c_b.jpg
AmD Essex BTCC Car by Thomas Brentnall, on Flickr

14080438705_cb0bed3f7e_b.jpg

14080433685_8238a57731_b.jpg

RenaultSport 172
If the weather is ok then we will probably find somewhere on the circuit to watch from as well. Apparently we will be allowed on the grid so that will be great

If the weather is ok then we will probably find somewhere on the circuit to watch from as well. Apparently we will be allowed on the grid so that will be great

Yeah you will be allowed out on to the grid, we went out on the first race but it was pointless as they was running behind schedule and was only on for about 2 mins and didn't even make it to AmD's car. However for the other two races people was on the grid for longer!

We was going to find somewhere good to watch from on the circuit but it pissed it down for the second race so we decided to stay in the pits! Do you know someone at AmD then?

RenaultSport 172
I don't. But I have a touring car mad friend who has been quite a lot with full hospitality. I don't know the circumstances yet but i think he got chatting to a colleague of Dave Newsham's on a forum and that's how he goes along.