ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tuning Results

Every 182 is different though, maybe they got a good one! To be fair, roller figures are nothing but a c**k enlarger, its all about driveability and how he car feels and reacts on the road.....

I've heard that criticism of RRs before, is it true? If it is then why bother. Best test I reckon is to go on an airfield or track and compete against lap times set by others (next Cliosport SW airfield meet on 25 Feb). :D

Cheers, Rob

The critism of RR's is true. But its difficult to compare around a track too unless you borrow the Stig to the driving or something. Driver skill can make a fast car look slow and vice versa. (Witness my times at the airfield :eek: )

clio 200 F4Rt
I've a feeling he never will.

we have nothing to hide with our products. Here is our rolling road result....

Tho a think it might come out small due to Fotki....

BTBPowergraphbeforeafter-vi.jpg

Power is up across the rev range, as is torque.

Dotted lines being original car, standard system but with ITG panel, then solid lines with BTB system fitted.

I would like to see YS's, Powerflows, Prospeed's, Janspeeds etc etc etc before and after results.... if they exist.

clio 200 F4Rt
no idea Ben, i let Joe get inot all the technical stuff, thats why he has a motorsport degree and i dont!! lol

cup 182 mit stripes
The standard car appears to have an unfeasibly high power output cos the actual gains are small. In fact about the same as I got with group N and manifold.

A ''Fantasy Island'' dyno I fear.

full fat 182 cup packs
got car rolling roaded today it made 180bhp first time 2nd run it made 181 bhp :star: so im happy

full fat 182 cup packs
yes it is a better drive people seem to think it is going to make a big change to the car but it is not as good as what people make out but im stiil happy ;)

full fat 182 cup packs
geting them at falkland and a set of coilovers kevin is really good and he will tell u the truth about ur car and if thing are worth it or not . well thats my view is anyway

full fat 182 cup packs
`i had the money at the time so i got it done but if u are not willing to spend a lot more on the car after u hve had that done then no i would not do it again but that is me just being truthfull

Milltek'd 182
^^ think we need more comments like that about what the mods are actually like!!

by the way who u insured with? i got quoted £250 extra on my premium for an IK!! (im 20)

D

cup 182 mit stripes
perrie! did you read the comments from makavelli,Dubai,Jesus ect? almost slagging me cos the mods gained me so little. We have dared to blaspheme on the holy forum of Clio. May God forgive us.

perrie! did you read the comments from makavelli,Dubai,Jesus ect? almost slagging me cos the mods gained me so little. We have dared to blaspheme on the holy forum of Clio. May God forgive us.

almost slagging you? I said the gains were poor for the mods, but as long as you're happy... but if you say so lol.

I'd expect more gains than that from a chip alone, hardly unreasonable with the money these mods end up costing. My Williams when I had that made 156bhp completely standard bar the gearbox that needed the power run doing in 3rd gear and a huge flat spot (will see if i can dig the graph out), with just basic mods like exhaust, decat and panel filter it felt quicker. With cams it was ruthless, so I've only ever had a good experience from car tuning. Once I managed to get a close(ish) map there wasn't much in this club that mod for mod would touch it.

V6 Exige, GTR R35

almost slagging you? I said the gains were poor for the mods, but as long as you're happy... but if you say so lol.

I'd expect more gains than that from a chip alone, hardly unreasonable with the money these mods end up costing. My Williams when I had that made 156bhp completely standard bar the gearbox that needed the power run doing in 3rd gear and a huge flat spot (will see if i can dig the graph out), with just basic mods like exhaust, decat and panel filter it felt quicker. With cams it was ruthless, so I've only ever had a good experience from car tuning. Once I managed to get a close(ish) map there wasn't much in this club that mod for mod would touch it.

thing is though that the figures havent been flawed...... unlike other companies

thing is though that the figures havent been flawed...... unlike other companies

are you stalking me?

lol, wonder which other company this could be? hate to disappoint you once again, but the Willy was never RR'd at GDI, the only time it went there was to get cams installed by Ben under AWT and it was RR'd at RE Performance in Bury...

Owned-3Cats.gif

ja.jack, I like your attitude... wish I could be the same, but playing with my money is like playing with my emotions lol

VRS

No slagging off from me matey :D

if your happy then good stuff :)

V6 Exige, GTR R35
who mentioned GDI fella?

you bite every single time.... hook line and sinker!

fcukin muppet :clown:

cup 182 mit stripes
Thought I detected an underlying hint of annoyance cos the mods did'nt live up to what you guys thought they should. How very bizarre!

I think what we have here now is strong evidence to suggest group N's and pmurray's, not forgetting inlets, are not all they are cracked up to be.

Milltek'd 182
I think we need more cases...people that have the mods (RR'd or opinions) need to comment! especially on 'is it worth the money..'
£170 for inlets circa £350 remap and nearly £600 (BTB as example) is alot of money...(well for me anyways!) so it would be nice to know if people who have it done think its worth it. I'm not saying the products aren't good...just think customers opinions are needed.

D

V6 Exige, GTR R35
Owned-3Cats.gif

looks a bit like your mum and your sister when i had them both last.....

oh and your sister squeals like a pig!

There pretty good gains IMO.

The engine already produces 90bhp/litre with good torque. Tweaking the map whether its a group n or a p murray map will get you better gains in driveability but peak gains will be small as the original map will already be optimum on full throttle and 5k rpm + revs.

I saw a thread on the williams clio forum where some foreign bloke had a throttle bodied engine that reved to something like 9000rpm! and had 240bhp. This would be a pretty hardcore engine that made all its its power 5krpm+

From what I have seen on this forum a 182 will make approx.

+5bhp with exhaust filter remap
+15bhp with that and cams
+40bhp with all the above and ITBs
+45bhp with higher compression

Thats for a car running road cams and peak power at around 6500rpm.

I hae seen people claim ridiculously high figures for there mods but they dont add up when you look at the big picture.

Fair play ja.jack for doing the back to back tests you cant really argue with the results can you?

VRS
Thought I detected an underlying hint of annoyance cos the mods did'nt live up to what you guys thought they should. How very bizarre!

I think what we have here now is strong evidence to suggest group N's and pmurray's, not forgetting inlets, are not all they are cracked up to be.

well hopefully i will be able to report back soon as im currently rolling road hunting at the mo :)

as i said tho, ali's 172 was getting around 190 with the same mods as mine and the only difference between our cars is that i have a 182 and therefore have a 182 manifold fitted. hopefully will be mid 190's but will know for sure when i can get my arse down to nick at hollpower and get on the rolling road :D

Milltek'd 182
Fair play Mark, but peak bhp/torque wont really increase that much without spending as u say, for cams or TB's. The real question is, is it worth the money! In terms of drivability, and mid gains etc. Well thats what id like to know anyway

D