ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbines...the days progress...advice please...

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
right, had a good bash at one of the wheels today, sanded down twice with 1200 and 1500 grit sandpaper and then primed!

the front is all grey primer, about 4/5 coats so looks nicely covered, and then the back and sides i did in met black after 2 coats of primer, thought i may aswell do the back and sides because when i come to sell them they'll just look nicer!!!

im kind of liking the primer colour, not sure whether to wack on another couple of coats to make it look nicer and leave it at that?!

thoughts anyone?!

sorry about the pic quality, only taken on my phone, but looks pretty good in the flesh i think!

Last edited:
  tiTTy & SV650
good effort, primer often looks quite good imo lol i'd keep going and paint em anthracite or something if ur liking primer.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thanks for the comment, think anthracite is my colour of choice, just got 3 more to get to that stage!!!^^^

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
thanks for the comment, think anthracite is my colour of choice, just got 3 more to get to that stage!!!^^^

if you can add another lick of primer.. i painted a set a while ago and it wasn't long before i had wet and dry's through it.. more important to get bugger loads of colour on as i again made my way though that when prepping for the lacquer..

watch out with the weather tho as i painted my set in the garage over a long time as i was lazy.. due to the weather/temp, the last wheel came out patchy with the lacquer.. get one wheel perfect rather than feck'em all at once.. if it come out poop get an electric heater or something:cool:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thanks for the advice, had the wheel in the house the day and night before, and then every hour or so i took it back in just to feel a bit of warmth, hopefully it will be ok, if not and o screw them up ill just pay for them to be done!!!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah black mk2 ph2, should look ok i hope, just need to make sure i dont rush them!

was going to do another one today but got in at 8 this morning with no sleep and wet feet so decided to scrap that idea!!!

M

mouthyman

i would paint them, would definetly look nicer, also primer absorbs moisture, so leaving them they would wear quicker and are more prone to damage

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
yeah, think im gonna go for an anthracite colour, ive got some ideas for them though which i will be keeping quiet incase it turns out 5hite!

thanks for the comments, should be on in the next few weeks with my springs so car should be looking loads better!!

DUB mk2 golf gti!
just had an idea!:D what are the centre caps like for turbines?reckon 172 5 spoke centre caps would fit um! got the same stud hole for the bolt!that would look funking sex!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
haha^^

yeah, thing is dont really want to spray them, and not sure it will look right with the colour of the wheel, might try and pick a set up cheap.