ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo clio

as above, however, not the bb turbo of the existing lump, was wondering if anyone knows how much the basic 5 conversion costs and who are best to do it?? i would like to just have reliable performance, im not too worried about running like 200 plus brake, i just really really want a dump (valve), cheers

bruns also gettin this conversion done on his clio, could pm him and ask some questions. cant see it costing too much to be honest, engine seems a pretty good fit in the clio

Skoda Fabia vRS

they can be reliable if built right and not abused.....they have a bad rep cos of young lads gettin em, buyin a £10 bleed valve an puttin the boost with with nothin uprated...

search for threads mate in this forum by me, theres a few including loads of pics

im having mine done at GDI ....

im agreeing with Brun im running a high spec and have never had any problems, it is where the bleedvalve boys who dont have a clue about correct boost with correct fueling and engine spec that makes 5s unreliable. I have had 2 5 turbos 1 shed and 1 mint one and now the clio and have had no problems with either. Its best to find a quality tuner and to be honest where 5s are concerned for price and quality of workmanship there are no better than torsion tuning and GDI.

Instead of spending all the money on it, come and have a drive in mine then you will love it so much you will buy it ; )

ok cheers, i wanted to use the valver as a base, like marcus, because presumably standard clutch, gearbox, just uprated brakes etc will be enough? as apposed to using like an rt as a base car? is this right? so presumably if i look for a mint 5, itll only cost around the grand mark to get done? how long does it take to do the conversion? i hate being without my car!!! cheers

no you would want an uprated clutch on there. You would need a 5 gearbox, on a valver u dont need to uprate the breaks but i personnaly would. A mint r5 will cost you a fortune these days and it doesnt need toi mint

You can use the 16v box, and then you will not have to have the GTT dash installed as they work differently, I just went for the GTT box and then got an uprated clutch, dont know what uprated clutches are availabe for the 16v, your best bet is to find a 5 with nasty bodywork and then sort the engine out, give Jon @ torsion a bell after 7pm on 07949200705, think his turnaround on a GTT conversion is around 3 weeks but I dont know for sure, depends what extras you have done!!

And wastegate chatter sounds better than a dump valve!

And 16v brakes should be plenty to stop you anyway!

Willy2

yeah finally its finished! looks the dogs, just organise another RTEC meet and i will get to see it, what sort of brake are you running? and PSI? are you still running it in?

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

it will be running standard turbo for the time being...

with cam

headwork

full balance

lightened flywheel

wire ringed liners

dished pistons

at 14 psi Brun should see about 165-170 bhp and 190 ft/lbs of torque...

Andy

GDI

Skoda Fabia vRS

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 13 September 2003

with cam

headwork

full balance

lightened flywheel

wire ringed liners

dished pistons

Andy

GDI
thats my engine by the way......not Marcuss

Quote: Originally posted by Andy GDI on 13 September 2003

with cam

headwork

full balance

lightened flywheel

wire ringed liners

dished pistons

Andy

GDI

Very nice, what sort of cam is going on it? Have to sort out a clio gtt meet up as more and more keep coming along!!!

can you use the standard 16v box then?,what about engine mounts?what about the ignition side of things? much work,i am considering it:D,could some1 please give me a list of what fits and what needs changing/modifying! thanks;)

marcus cliogtt - had a look at your link, looks good. saw your insurance £820 with 3 yrs ncb, what age are you if you dont mind me asking? im coming up to 25, which should see a drop in my insurance hopefully! and im thinking of getting this done to my clio. thanks.

yeah that is where i am thinking of going. looks like they have done a few already so it would be worth letting them do it. havent rung them yet! just need to get the other half of the money together! and to think i was going to get alloys and bodykit! this route is way more exciting! i think the only thing i will do is lower it and see how the brakes last!

Maff lower is and get the subframe spotwelded u will get a lot more traction. If anybody wants to know what they are like meet me in Essex and u can come in mine and i promise that will make your mind up for u

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

heh i pay 800 fully comp 18 yr old 1 yr ncb 1 accident not my fault, on a clio with a 440 turbo (which is a higher insurance groupe than the gtt) with mods. i think u should change your insurance company marcus

Thats because your base models are lower than mine, the 16v is higher rated and then the mods go as a percentage on top. Which therefore means higher insurance policy!

if you want cheaper insurance for the CLio Conversion, start off with a 3 door RT 1.4, that way some insurance companys dont class it as a Engine Conversion, where as with the 16v being a 1.8.....

The Clio 16v box is fine for the conversion;)