ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo on a clio sport

clio sport
Hi all
I was wondering if I can boost my clio sport.
Doe's any one know if it is possible (meaning how much boost can the engine absorb without changing any thing in the engine).
And if some one tuned his car with a turbo please give details about the tuning you did.
Thanks,

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Hi all
I was wondering if I can boost my clio sport.
Doe's any one know if it is possible (meaning how much boost can the engine absorb without changing any thing in the engine).
And if some one tuned his car with a turbo please give details about the tuning you did.
Thanks,

The engine can take a turbo. But the gearbox is marginal. And, no, there is no obvious better gearbox. So if you fit a turbo you've got to treat the gearbox gently, or replace it regularly.

On stockish fuel you can run about 210hp safly not using water injection etc. Thats without going playing with CR. However for the cost start changing pistons and con rods BB do a kit on ebay for £1.5k (I think) with rods manifold etc which is good buy realy.

Geabrox can be strnegthend for ~£1.5k should get it shot peened etc but at the end of the deay life span etc on stock or modified box depends how you drive it.

Audi TT 225
I heard getting the box shot peened was a waste of time because the casing is the weakest part?

I heard getting the box shot peened was a waste of time because the casing is the weakest part?

Yep your righht but it all helps.

AT the end of the day the officail limit for Renault warently was 200NM which the 172/182 hit as stabndard hence why they needed a better box for the 197 since its got more torque.

stevo172-RWD

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 rwd
im running bbperformance tuning turbo conversion on my clio172 !
250bhp still on stock gearbox thats covered 50,000 miles 20 of when turbo on.if you go on thier web site www.bbpt.co.uk u can read more specs etc;)