ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

turbo on renault laguna

Golf 1.4 TSI

Advert in top gear mag about a laguna dynamique technosport tourer which is a 165bhp 2 litre turbo engine, anyone know if turbo will be ok for a clio 172 engine.

also has a picture of the new clio renaultsport for 2005 a 225bhp turbocharged 6 speed sequential box front wheel drive with 21inch wheels, dont think it will happen though

I imagine Renault are going to use the turbo engine for the new Clio. The will Increase the boost though.

The engine will most likly be very different than the 172 engine a turbo runs a lower compression ratio so a 172 would need lower compression pistons also the engine is probably going to be hotter so more cooling will be needed. Also the injectros are likly to be uprated ones for the turbo engine.

Also the pistons may be cooled similar to diesel engines by a jet of oil to there underside to keep them cool and so reliable.

I cannot see you just being able to drop a turbo to the engine and expect relaibly HP the whole engine needs to be built differently. CB1A is going to build a tubo Clio in 2004 or 5 I belive however he is goin to get the engine out of the Aventime.

The turbo engines in Renault range seem

EDD

The turbo engine is based on the F4R, same as the 172s F4R 730. The head is a different casting though as is the block, crank, rods and pistons, it sues diff cam profiles with no VVT.

Basically is the same engine.

But a turbo engine and put the 172 head on it.

Oh, and it already has under piston oil sprays.