ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
Its wide thats why it looks small lol. Im not doing it totally on my own i have people helping me that have done it before.

BMW M135i
The megane 225 standard intercooler is much larger than that same engine, same idea and the forge one is bigger again. But I would imagine your severely limited on space in a 182 without cutting things hence why its so small.

Pistons fully in now tightened the lot and sump back on. Half the valve seals changed too calling it a day at that :p engine should be fully built again tomorrow.

R35 GTR
I would be interested to see if you burn any oil. I had wossner pistons and the rings worn out on one cylinder.

#001 172 Exclusive
looks good ryan!!
will listen out for you!! lol
let me know when its done and i will have to come over and have a look at it!

anyone know the part number for the dephaser pully? dunno if thats spelt right.

Ye lol was told it was a old way of working i dunno iv never seen it before lol

Here is abit of a update for today re-built the engine well 90% done intercooler is now fitted on car. also iv changed all the valve seals still loads to go but coming along fast

Here are some pics:-
Oh and fitted a new grill with no induction hole.
08102008135.jpg

08102008136.jpg

08102008138.jpg

Engine is fully built now waiting for the clutch to come then will fit the engine back in the car. fingers crossed it will be done by Thursday.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
all I'm saying mate is take advise from time to time, were only trying to help you keep the build as smooth as poss. if k-tec supply you the parts all good, this doesn't mean there the most efficient

lot of people have had turbo'd cars on here, myself included, you will get issues, to witch were trying to advise you on:)

I'm not having a go mate, please take it as constructive criticism....just keep an eye on charge temps......TBH i would be worried about the size of the cooler....asp if your planning on running circa 300hp

This intercooler has been temp tested on the dyno, and road, using a very accurate thermo couple as well as some recent data logging when used with an Omex ecu set up. Maybe some people should not be so quick to judge until they have all the information, as we do.

A larger intercooler will not hurt in the slightest but the intercooler if fine for the conversion we sell and for the limited room available, especially as the kit will only need to run around 14psi.

We do not just pick an intercooler off someones shelf, look at it, and say that will do. Unlike many companies we actually take the time to test the components to make sure they work, this is why we also usually have between 3 and 5 development cars of our own to which new parts are fitted and tested in order to make sure they do what we say they will do.

At the moment we have our Twingo GT being used to develop several parts such as a remap, exhaust and induction kits, our R26 is currently testing our new big brake kit as well as having the first turbo back exhaust system being developed next week, our 197 is just about to gain a load more power, our new 172 demo car testing our throttle body kit and uprated engine mounts and another 172 testing a super quiet stealth exhaust, a new bolt in roll cage and a new turbo kit. So I think it is fair to say we do a little more testing than most :D

David.

VRS
The proof is in the pudding :D at least if ryans plan runs on time it will be mapped in a week or so, so the results can speak for them self!

will be interesting to see how the package kit fairs against some of the other turbos who have had a few different components put in

BMW M135i
Considering how much bigger the 225 intercooler is which runs less boost as standard i'd say its far from the perfect ideal but probably the best you can do with the very limited space you've got to play with without cutting stuff up.

pic21.jpg

Standard on bottom, forge on top.

The proof is in the pudding :D at least if ryans plan runs on time it will be mapped in a week or so, so the results can speak for them self!

will be interesting to see how the package kit fairs against some of the other turbos who have had a few different components put in
So far its running on time its booked in for thursday at rstuning.

Looks like its going to be a long day on wednesday still no bits to do turbo there coming on wednesday. :s

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Looked great earlier matey... although you're probably in the garage right now, getting it back in. ;)

See you Wednesday

Dint bother trying to get it in today will do it tomorrow will be easyer more daylight

A tiny update for today. engine is fully built now will be going back in car tomorrow. Fitted battery in boot:-
13102008144.jpg

Turbo bits are coming wed so going to be a very very busy do to finish it.

Engine back in:-
14102008146.jpg

Heat shield on:-
14102008147.jpg

Iv moded a 172 de-cat pipe to fit mine. Had to mave mapping to fri cant get the turbo till thursday