ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo project!!!

^^ was gonna say..if funds allow opt for standalone........much cheaper in the long runs when you come to map for more boost;)

addaptronic in the system you wanna be using, quite a bit cheaper than omex and far far more advanced

Racing blue 182 turbo :-)
^^ was gonna say..if funds allow opt for standalone........much cheaper in the long runs when you come to map for more boost;)

addaptronic in the system you wanna be using, quite a bit cheaper than omex and far far more advanced
Ye will have to look into it more in new year at mo funds have run out have been looking into it few things iv got planned to add in new year.

To give you an idea, on my metro, i paid £550 for the emerald ecu, £300 for loom, and mapping was around £300- Total £1150

Megasquirt from the USA for a punto,but i can find out what you would need for the clio broke down as this-

MS130-K $187 Megasquirt-I kit with V3.0 PCB - ECU Kit
MapDaddy4 $65 4 bar MAP sensor with barometric correction - Better map sensor standard one is 2 bar, 2 bar can only run up to one bar boost as the first bar is atmospheric pressure
MK-BIP373 $9.50 Mod kit for second VB921 - To run standard fiat coilpack
MK-PWMIAC $7 Mod kit for PWM Idle control - Mod to run standard fiat idle control valve
MK-Boost $7 Boost control mod kit - For Closed Loop Boost Control
GM_BoostSol $24 Boost control solenoid
GMBoostPiggy $14.50 6" pigtail connector for boost solenoid
JimStim-K $65 JimStim Stimulator kit (can simulate 60-2 wheel) - Tests whole ecu off car and in stages of construction
SM-WireBund 23" $12 - 23" Wiring harness
TuneCable $5.50 6' DB9 tuning cable - Cable to laptop
USB-2920 $20 (Only needed if your laptop doesn’t have a true DB9 port)
MS139-K_BL $6. - ECU In Black

Total cost was around $435 = £220 Bargain!!

Total could be around £520 for MS fully mapped if fitted yourself, which isnt to difficult :)

But i would look into whats needed in more detail for you, but its a very cost effective stand alone system on a budget :)

To give you an idea, on my metro, i paid £550 for the emerald ecu, £300 for loom, and mapping was around £300- Total £1150

Megasquirt from the USA for a punto,but i can find out what you would need for the clio broke down as this-

MS130-K $187 Megasquirt-I kit with V3.0 PCB - ECU Kit
MapDaddy4 $65 4 bar MAP sensor with barometric correction - Better map sensor standard one is 2 bar, 2 bar can only run up to one bar boost as the first bar is atmospheric pressure
MK-BIP373 $9.50 Mod kit for second VB921 - To run standard fiat coilpack
MK-PWMIAC $7 Mod kit for PWM Idle control - Mod to run standard fiat idle control valve
MK-Boost $7 Boost control mod kit - For Closed Loop Boost Control
GM_BoostSol $24 Boost control solenoid
GMBoostPiggy $14.50 6" pigtail connector for boost solenoid
JimStim-K $65 JimStim Stimulator kit (can simulate 60-2 wheel) - Tests whole ecu off car and in stages of construction
SM-WireBund 23" $12 - 23" Wiring harness
TuneCable $5.50 6' DB9 tuning cable - Cable to laptop
USB-2920 $20 (Only needed if your laptop doesn’t have a true DB9 port)
MS139-K_BL $6. - ECU In Black

Total cost was around $435 = £220 Bargain!!

Total could be around £520 for MS fully mapped if fitted yourself, which isnt to difficult :)

But i would look into whats needed in more detail for you, but its a very cost effective stand alone system on a budget :)
Cheers mate will look into it bit more

heres my pics from today, went down to help put the engine back in....

clutch arrived:

IMG_6399.gif

IMG_6401.gif

clutch fitted

IMG_6406.gif

IMG_6402.gif

bay empty ready for fitting....

IMG_6409.gif

after a few tries, ryan decided to listen to my idea about the way the engine should go in......and wola ;)

IMG_6414.gif

IMG_6420.gif

IMG_6418.gif

i then left....think hes got all the piping and wiring back on now....exhaust + downpipe are in place....

All wired up piped up etc 100% in now :) turbo will be here first thing friday the rest here tomorrow :) so long day tomorrow

I thought that. Much less messing around fitting when engine is out.

Sensor have arrived ryan, so car is running fine now :) So let me know when i can pop round :)
Nar easyer to fit turbo in lol. you can come tomorrow if you like??

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Try not to run the car much before you come here mate. I will run the car in on the dyno to try get the rings to seal on the bores :)

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v
This is one of the quickest projects i've ever seen lol but it seems to be coming along nicely. Be very interesting to see how much power it produces in the end.