ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo/supercharge clio quick as?

Ph1 T
Right now I'm sat at home bored and with my current project it just got me thinking..

What kind of cars would you compare a 240-270bhp clio to pace wise? As I'd imagine they do well with some pretty fast ££££ cars

I'm sure I read that DannyR had kept up with a m3 easy which was pretty good..

Just had a random thought and I'm bored :)

Ph1 T
Decent 330 would be unreal surely would spin the wheels up a hell of a lot though

Any other cars come to mind

SQ5
Yep, I kept with a friend in his Evo 8 which was 400 and rolling start and the same with friends M3s E46s and E92s.

Ph1 T
Fu*k LOL I thought they'd be quick but not that quick this threads just making me look forward to the 26th even more

Ph1 T
You had one at 330 going to say must of been an awesome car that, going to read through your projects tonight now lol

SQ5
I've only got two projects about them as one was bought from Paul at RSTuning, the 330bhp one. Tom above still has the engine I believe!

big boost cup
I've only got two projects about them as one was bought from Paul at RSTuning, the 330bhp one. Tom above still has the engine I believe!

cracking engine that lol. going to be a tad mental with a few more ponies chucked at it when its dry lol.
are we comparing it to road or track? as i may have a few stories ;)

Why do you care what it's as fast as?

It's going to cost a lot of money, be very unreliable....and you'll never get the money back when you want to sell it.

Ph1 T

It's going to cost a lot of money, be very unreliable....and you'll never get the money back when you want to sell it.

I knew there would be this comment somewhere

I was simply just wondering what people compared them to or better than some bigger and faster cars as standard. It changes no opinion of mine about having a turbo engine ect just interested that's all!

SQ5

Very untrue.

I've made money on every one I've had. And the first did 10k without a hiccup, more than what friends with other modified cars will get.

182 Turbo
They will be unreliable in terms of a standard car of course, and how do you get all that power down on the road? Quite simply you don't. Even with a diff@circa 285bhp the wheels spin, you just drive them gingerly, and they are still fast. Your gearbox will break though, a lot, might take a month might take 6 if your very lucky but it will break, just like many other components. But they are still extremely fun and they do keep up with a lot of expensive cars

SQ5
Mine never broke on the sub 300 ones.

You still get the power down, a throttle is a progressive switch not and on off whip switch.

Just as reliable as a standard one, nothing's really changed just a couple of extra bits bolted on.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
In a straighine mine doesn't wheelspin at all unless you are silly with the throttle in 1st.
it just grips and goes and does so with no real drama or pulling about. It's surprisingly civilised.

aydon will think I'm telling lies because when he had it that wasn't the case. But since the suspension and steering changes I've made it's totally different (mainly due to the rack bushes but the coilovers etc have helped too)

30-100 mine is about same pace as a Ferrari 355.

SQ5
In a straighine mine doesn't wheelspin at all unless you are silly with the throttle in 1st.
it just grips and goes and does so with no real drama or pulling about. It's surprisingly civilised.

aydon will think I'm telling lies because when he had it that wasn't the case. But since the suspension and steering changes I've made it's totally different (mainly due to the rack bushes but the coilovers etc have helped too)

Probably because you can drive too, throttle control seems to be impossible for most people in these cars but I find its a doddle!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Lol. The moment they have some torque it does exaggerate any handling shortfalls a lot though to be fair. You don't want 300lbft and soggy rack mounts!

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
My gearbox never broke either, but tbf we all know the jc5 is rubbish so boost or no boost its probably going to blow up.

SQ5
I raced a 330 bhp Type R FN2 which was supercharged and I pulled away with ease :) so I'd say it wouldn't stand a chance!

HBT 172 Cup
Throttle control is key, mine tends to light up 2nd gear alot, just modulate the throttle a bit and your fine though, 3rd onwards isnt an issue.

I've only really had a dabble with an E39 M5, he was ahead already, it was wet, uphill and split by roundabouts, he was HAMMERING it lol, i was still close with him at the top of the stretch, but i couldnt catch him. Longer straight streches im under no illusion he would have pissed passed.

THey seem to 1/4 mile at 13.3 @ 109 so its all about relative.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I'd expect them to be pretty brisk to be honest!

I know from experience the meg (mapped) can keep up with 280bhp evo 8 (Only just mind) and I'd love mine to weigh as much as a Clio please!

Ph1 T
Should go decent then. Been speaking to a mate tonight with a 400bhp Evo 6 reckons it would have no chance out with that lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That evo would be quick. I had a 7 with around 350 and that went well. But saying that I wouldn't under estimate the Clio especially on track