ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turbo/supercharge clio quick as?

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
What's stevieH's trophy running these days? Was at 375bhp iirc last time I heard. I had a ride in that when it had the ktech setup and seemed torquey. Never heard of a Clio with more than that.

Last time it was running a ktec setup it had 206hp been off the road for 2 years, as been let down by a fabricator.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Sssssh mate your boring ive already said its a video to show people how quick n/a to turbo so calm your passions. Me and chip have coverd this context in detail so no need to jump on the 192 band wagon mate.
If you want to compare n/a Clio to turbo Clio here is a clio rs200 (roughly same pace as a standard 172) versus a decent power rs focus and also versus my turbo Clio:

[video=youtube_share;Kz1VHBx5pk8]http://youtu.be/Kz1VHBx5pk8[/video]

Its just a totally different level in a decent turbo Clio, the difference is enormous.

cliosport 172 mk2
Quality im wanting to take mine to 280 bhp and hold it reliably at that power ive seen you said 6k but would that inc rods and pistons etc mate and brakes and suspen cheers

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Quality im wanting to take mine to 280 bhp and hold it reliably at that power ive seen you said 6k but would that inc rods and pistons etc mate and brakes and suspen cheers

The 6K I mentioned was based on:
2K for the parts to turbo it
2K for rebuilding the engine
2K for gearbox / diff / clutch

Obviously you may have labour charges on top of that depending on what you can do yourself, in my case I did all the labour (with mates helping me out) and the mapping only cost me 50 pounds for an hour on the rollers and 50 quid for a tank of fuel as I do all that myself too so did most of it on the road and just finished it off on the rollers.
Potentially if you wanted someone else to do the whole job for you labour wise including the mapping, it could add another couple of grand, so best thing is to do the bits you can yourself and then just pay for the skills you dont have.

A sensible first step would be to turbo your existing engine for less power, like 230bhp or so and keep the torque modest and then you can survive on a standard clutch and diff and still have a fairly quick car, then as budget becomes available uprate the engine and the gearbox.

cliosport 172 mk2
Was just looking at ed's site and was wondering is their package any good has anyone used them as they seem decent. Value for money tbf and what turbo are they using ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ive not used the ED package personally, but ive seen all the pipework etc and its decent enough, not sure what turbo specifically they use, you could always drop them an email or call them.

Clio sport 182 cup
My 350bhp turbo'd 182 is mental about 380NM of torque too, all i can say is don't put ya foot down around corners LOL! K-tec tuned mine! one more thing, invest in some good brakes!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Cool. Not quite as good on track but such perfect road manners makes it a great compromise. That's what I have too. :)

Clio sport 182 cup
Cool. Not quite as good on track but such perfect road manners makes it a great compromise. That's what I have too. :)
I don't usually do many track days, i only live half hour from santa pod so its more of a drag set up, whats urs putting out?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah, you are the total opposite to me. Mine is purely for road and trackdays I've no interest in drag racing a fwd car ever really tbh.
Mine is not massive power, only 280 last time it was on the rollers (although running a touch more boost currently than it was then so prob slightly more now) its more about moderate power with good control for me than balls out numbers. Did all that years ago and now lost interest in figure chasing tbh.

Clio sport 182 cup
I'm also going for style, could get more power etc but love the look of the standard inlet rather than throttle bodies, it's more of a show and go car!
280 is still alot of power, i tend to run mine at 10% most the time and can whined it up to about 60% anymore and i think i might blow it up, lol even at 60% it's running about 1.6 bar!

Last edited:

cjgower

ClioSport Club Member
I plan to turbo the clio one day... the attraction for me personally is that it would be really quick, but understated. A bit of a sleeper really

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I'm also going for style

And you chose a clio? lol
Seriously though, more to life than just going fast, at least looks you can enjoy everyday although its not my personal interest really.

could get more power etc but love the look of the standard inlet rather than throttle bodies

Stnadard inlet is good for 500bhp on a turbo no drama.

it's more of a show and go car!
You considered an RS2? They look pretty epic, this is my mrs show/trackday car for example:
5ec7a29c.jpg

280 is still alot of power, i tend to run mine at 10% most the time and can whined it up to about 60% anymore and i think i might blow it up, lol even at 60% it's running about 1.6 bar!

Yeah 280 still goes well enough, I cant really see that I personally have a use for any more with what I do with the car.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I plan to turbo the clio one day... the attraction for me personally is that it would be really quick, but understated. A bit of a sleeper really

Yeah if you like surprising people you would love it, mine properly messes with peoples heads TBH, I get the "what the hell have you done to that" thing off people every trackday I do.