ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turini or not-turini

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Started with this:

IMG_1079.jpg

Decided to see if the 172 Cup Turini's would fit and if so, where rubbing would occur with Lowz + I am in two minds about the original wheels. I like them, but I have always loved the speedlines.... anyway...

IMG_1094.jpg

Put them on when they were dirty and wasn't convinced, so washed the entire thing. Couldn't get them to scrub at all, so I think I'll keep 'em.

IMG_1100.jpg

IMG_1102.jpg

They need refurbing to be honest. Previous owner used a rattle can. I've managed to get away with them being 'as is' for nearly two years, but the poor finish is starting to show. I also got them without the diamond in the centre caps, so had to improvise! but finally got some proper inserts which will go on once painted.

IMG_1112.jpg

I think they look better - only question is which/what colour should I have them refurbed in? Was thinking maybe a smoked chrome or the original silver or maybe even just the same colour....

Also, just a quick pic' of the re-trimmed wheel from Mikey, superb quality and craftsmanship. A MUST for any melted wheel owner IMO.

IMG_1113.jpg

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Look good as they are to be honest. Nice wheel too.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
What coilovers are you running? I'm so tempted by turinis but mine scrubs on the standard cup wheels. Would the cup offset make a difference?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Love that on the Turini's.

Wheel looks spot on too. Really want/need mine doing.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Cheers for the comments.

It's on vmaxx coil overs at the moment. Can't see where or how the cup wheels are meant to scrub!

Re: exhaust, not sure what you mean. It doesn't sit in? If anything it sits out a bit. See first pic.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I need lowz though. Currently drawn between vmaxx and ap!

Lowz 4 Selby Hoez.

Tough call mate. I trust the AP's have adjustable front camber? Vmaxx has ;)
Like I said, have a run in mine and see what you think.

PB 182 (1 of 29)
Although I love silver turinis (got them on mine) your bg looks great with the dark anthracite and I'd get them refurbished the same!

RB 182 FF
Does that mean good?! My nephew keeps saying 'sickage'. I thought he had an ailment, but he says it means 'cool'.

When I was a lad, we used to say cowabunga and stuff

Raphael was the coolest turtle dudes...!:) Bloody loved them back in the day!! Fair play BG with anthracite turini's is a winner! Personal preference would be for the tail pipes to sit more in the bumper but lovely looking car all the same!:D