ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Turn by turn Navigation free in Android 2.0

Citroen DS3 DSport
The one downside to all of this is you need a good reliable mobile internet connection and that's a challenge when driving around in the UK. 3G access is patchy at best.

Citroen DS3 DSport
That's not so bad then so long as you have a good data signal when you are planning the journey and do not need to re-route while driving.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Thats highly unlikely(Losing data for the entire journey). Android is impressing me tbh.

Apple need to do more.

Citroen DS3 DSport
To be honest I'm tempted by the Motorola Droid handset or possible Android 2.0 solutions by HTC. I can see me possibly defecting from the iPhone camp if they don't produce a worthy replacement next June/July. My contract with o2 expires in January though so it all depends if I can wait till Apple's announcement.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah that's why it is appealing to me and out of the box it's not locked down like the iPhone.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I wonder how complete googles own mapping data is now? They also allow "community edits" to add to their mapping data, http://www.google.com/mapmaker

Although it's a pity that they haven't just contributed their data to openstreetmap.

'52 clio 1.2 16V
Looks great. Hopefully it can be set to download a couple of alternative routes just in case.

Good news for those already with Hero's (aslong as customer service reps have the correct info):

The Hero will not be receiving the Android 1.6 upgrade, it will however get the 2.0 one. Do note however that we do not have a confirmed release date for this upgrade, all I can recommend at the moment is that you keep yourself updated by visiting our website regularly as the latest information will be available to view from there.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I knew google would do this one day, thought it was years off tho. Really logical and impressive IMO

Mito Sportiva 135
Even my iPhone owning friend was really impressed by the Hero down the pub last night.

He was also very bitter when I told him how much I am paying (£23 a month all in) compared to his £50 a month...

Citroen DS3 DSport
I read that HTC are also releasing a new Android handset called the Eris. I may have a interesting decision to make by mid-January.

Iceberg Ph1
This is impressive, I should assume the magic will be getting the Eclair update aswell as the Hero, not sure on the dates mind.. Soon I hope!

Audi Q7, Avalanche
the motorola was released here in the USA on the 6th on Verizon and is running 2.0, looks awesome too!!

'52 clio 1.2 16V
Google Maps Navigation now available for Android 1.6 too
Good news for people running G1's. Maybe this will result in HTC slowing down 2.0 for Hero and pushing out 1.6 instead.

Also over at XDA Developers they've modified the 2.0 release to run outside the UK (even on unrooted devices).

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
htc have announced they wil provide an update for the hero with updated sense ui for vresion 2.0