ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TV Aerial Advice?

Swift Sport
I know this isn't really 'Phones and Internet' but what the hell... lol

I've got a 38" Sony Bravia LCD TV in my bedroom that I never use. Seeing as winter is here and I'm single again I figured I'd get it working so I can watch some Christmas telly.

Trouble is, I live in a poor reception area and the 'One4All' plug-in aerial is deemed useless. Ideally I'd have to connect it to the roof antenna for a decent signal, but that's going to be a ballache especially with all the crap in the attic.

Is there another solution??

Ste.

Bumder With A Buffer
Your Aerial on your roof?? Or the loft??

Masthead amplifier is your best bet to enable you to get digital. All the crappy "boosters" you can buy are useless for digital.

You buy a masthead amplifier and the amplifier as close to the aerial as possible. The psu that drives it is then plugged in behind your TV and powers the amplifier.

Bumder With A Buffer
  Swift Sport
Thanks fella, sounds like you know what you're talking about! Is eBay any good for this kind of thing?

Bumder With A Buffer
Aerial fitter many moons ago (about 10!) ;)

You can try Ebay although be carefull as some may be copies

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_nkw=...asthead&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3286.c0.m270.l1313

Only thing to be wary of is that if your in such a BAD signal area then a masthead amp on its own wont be able to do anything. The only other option is to change the aerial type to a wideband one which should (coupled with a masthead amp) sort things out. But thats only in extreme cases.