ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Typhoon, Gen II or Simota

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Hi boys and girls,

I still trying to decide which of these kits to go for.
I currently have K&N 57i kit which i love the sound of but really needs replacing due to being tatty and dirty.
Soi I dont know whether to replace it with the 57i Gen II kit with the carbon heat shield or the Typhoon kit with a nice chrome pipe. Or even go for a Simota kit as I do like the sound of them.
I dont want a Maxogen as they are too expensive and needs modifying to fit a Ph-Quick.
Any thoughts or suggestions. Also would like to hear from anyone who has any of the above kits on their RS.

Cheers
Rob

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Nah I dont want a panel filter, Simota's do make a nice noise but I already really like the sound of my 57i and dont want to make it sound much different. I thought the Gen II kit would sound pretty much the same but with less heat soak in the summer.
However the Typhoon looks really nice but not sure with the filter being located just in front of the passenger arch liner it might get a bit wet.

I can get the Gen II kit for £172 or the Typhoon for £192 from a dealer near me....

R

rich[182]

Save yourself circa £140, get an ITG panel filter and unplug the air feed to the airbox BUT leave it about 5mm from the airbox, that way you still get the cold air feed and a much much better noise over standard, or even remove the acoustic valve and put a new 70mm feed, less heat soak than an open IK, decent noise and money in the bank or other mods
All in my opinion of course ;)

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Thanks but I dont have an acoustic valve anyway as its a Ph-Quick. I want one of these 3 kits anyway and money isnt an issue. So more helpful answers please

Evo VI Tommi Makinen
Well i've bit the bullet this morning and ordered the Gen II kit. So I will let everyone know what its like when i get it on Friday

SLK 350
rich[182];2049161 said:
unplug the air feed to the airbox BUT leave it about 5mm from the airbox, that way you still get the cold air feed and a much much better noise over standard,

What an absolutely sh1t idea! lol

Civic Type-R
Bit late now but you could have gone for the option I went for. Ive got an ITG filter in the standard airbox but replaced the standard feeds with 2 76mm feeds. Sounds awesome now just like an induction kit. It really wallows on acceleration and you dont get the heat soak from an open induction kit. Plus the whole lot cost me £60

mod17bn5.jpg

172 ph1 ASBO SLAYER
^ to be fair thats about the best for a 172 ph1. the standard airbox is pretty good its just the standard feeds that are crap