ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Typical 172 behaviour with added "spice"

E36 328i
Ah man, boils the blood. Hope old bill get hold of him and tear his lisense up, doesn't deserve one. Future family killer FTL.

Transit & Death trap
The look on the his face had, the blue gsi dabbed his brakes would have been priceless! I'm all for a little race off the lights(within reason) or some dual carriage way action BUT, 140mph is f00king mental... Only takes a blow out or wildlife to run out and your brown bread and IMO the VXR probably just backed off anyway.

what an absolute knob... have the 172 got the chav reputation now like the 106/saxo and corsa's? i love them but dont fancy being compared to a knob head :(

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
what an absolute knob... have the 172 got the chav reputation now like the 106/saxo and corsa's? i love them but dont fancy being compared to a knob head :(

I think it depends how you drive, clio's being cheap like the saxo's and corsa's mean the chavs are interested but the insurance costs of the 172 typically keeps them at bay.

People only see the clio badge and draw conclusions sadly.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
As for the cars:

Date of Liability01 10 2012
Date of First Registration03 09 2009
Year of Manufacture2009
Cylinder Capacity (cc)1998cc
CO2 Emissions221g/Km
Fuel TypePETROL
Export MarkerN
Vehicle StatusLicence Not Due
Vehicle ColourRED
Date of Liability01 11 2012
Date of First Registration26 06 2003
Year of Manufacture2003
Cylinder Capacity (cc)1998cc
CO2 Emissions214g/Km
Fuel TypePETROL
Export MarkerN
Vehicle StatusLicence Not Due
Vehicle ColourBLUE

172 apparently has some light breathing mods reading the comments

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Might be the sound quality on my phone but it sounds like its dumping?

If that's a vxr then the clio has to be turbo'd surely?

Fair enough sticking to the vxr up to around 100 but they pull away on the clios from about there don't they?

Clio 182, Astra Sri
There's a guy driving a 350bhp Saxo in another thread
Was obviously breaking the speed limit in what looked like decent traffic

Nobody said s**t there

Last edited:
  Inferno 182 & Saxo

Nobody said s**t there

I saw that video and thought the least Atspeed could have done was book a track day to show the car off to the chap. Considering the guys just spent a 5 figure sum with them

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Nobody said s**t there

Forgive me if I missed it but I don't think the saxo was a) racing or b) driving less than a foot from a cars back bumper at 80+ mph!