ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Typical Renault Shite

Corsa C 1.4 SRi
Had my driving test resit today.

Spent all yesterday cleaning my car making sure it was immaculate for the examiner this morning.

About 9.20 was out getting some last minute practice (parallel park, reverse round corner etc..), Pulled up my handbrake and i hear *twang*.. soon found out my handbrake wouldnt engage it just went straight up.. tried footbrake and i had to push it right to the floor before i got any sort of stopping. Had to abandon the test. :( gutted.

I guess my brake cable snapped? I know i need new front pads.. any clue how much this new repair will cost... new brakes and to sort whatever happened?

Cheers guys

80MPG BEEZA
snapped handbrake cable there not dear shud be able to pick up one from a decent motor factors along with some new pads

pads arent that hard to fit, just pick urself up a haynes manual for your car which you can get from halfords and it will tell you how to do all the work yourself. Unlucky m8

This is why I never use my handbrake unless I really have to. 99% of parking I just leave it in gear with no handbrake. Maximise the life of the handbrake by not using it.

Sorry to hear about the test thing though, you must be gutted :(

Clio DCi 65
Re: Typical Renault sh*te

Thats sick!!

I had the choice to sit it in my mk1 1,2 clio paris!

Unfourtunately it lacked power steering so i did it in the Fabia i learnt in!!

How longs the waitin list for a resit?