ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre advice - 17s on 172

Hey peoples,

Just after some advice.......to those in the same boat as me really. Ive got a 172 (2002). Ive only had it 2 weeks now, and I put my 17"s on there from my old 1.2 16v (2002), everything is great.

But the tyres that came with my alloys are Wanli buget tyres and they are SHOCKING, nearly crashed the other day as I was going round a roundabout cuz they cant handle/deal with the power etc.......

I was just wondering what other 172s on here with 17s are using what tyres??? Money isnt the issue, I want excellent tyres that can handle the power, good hanlding, road use etc..

Any advice welcome please...

N8

Clio II and Grand Modus

I have Mich. Pilot sports they are very good don´t wear out as quickly as Goodyear. But both are qual. tyres!!

N8, I think if you did a search for tyres there would be loads of threads on this. A lot of people like the F1s IIRC with tyres from Toyo, Uniroyal and Michelin also getting good comments.

Clio II and Grand Modus

no not a 172 but the Michelin´s will be very good on a 172, loads of grip and good handling. Have a mate who have them on his 172.....drives awesome!!!

Cmon boys, surely Im not the only person on this forum with a 172 on 17"s.....??? What tyres do people recommend???

Ad

MK2 FRS

Ive had both goodyear and toyos in 16s. Depends whether your prepared to spend the extra money for the extra quality. Hav gone for Michelin Exalto this time for something diffferent. The Toyos are a bargain for the money they sell them at.