ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre experts advice please *pics*

C4 Grand Picasso

My recent bus-dodging resulted in me kerbing my 3 month old tyre.

Police pulled me, he gave me a form to get stamped by a tyre dealer to say my tyre is safe.

Before some dodgy geezer in a tyre dealer tries to sell me tyres I dont need could you give me your opinions - is there any way to repair it - or do I have to pay £40-£50 for a new tyre.

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081180492__buggeredtyre002.jpg

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1081180841__buggeredtyre01.jpg

172, Tiguan

thats f**ked.

Would you really want that on your tyre when your doing over 100?

new tyre fella.

you have gone down to the beading.

what size is the tyre? ill try and sort you one out at cost.

/y0z

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I did something similar in London outside George16vs house, but only took a bit of rubber off the edge, and you couldnt see the thread so changed them after a few hundred miles - the replacements came from y0z incidentally.

I would definately get them changed - like right now.

C4 Grand Picasso

jon_r - Its a 1.2 8v, over 100mph is only achievable if I drove off a cliff ;).

y0z2a, 195/45/16 (172 wheels) - Toyos on at the mo, only problem is that I have to get this police ticket stamped and back to the station for next Saturday.

Do you think it would be safer if I put the spare on - my spare is my old 14" steely though.

Clio II and Grand Modus

Don´t mount a 14" an a 16" wheel will kill the transmission...... just get a new tyre and drive safe until then.

C4 Grand Picasso

Thanks everyone, new tyre it is then - better safe than sorry eh?. :(

*Im now off to grovel to mummy and daddy to lend me some tyre money*