ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre Pressure 4 172 Wheels On A 1.2 16v??

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
33psi on the front and 30 on the rear, thats when they are on a 172 though.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Wouldn't like to say, but i'd probably try slightly lower.

306 GTI-6
put in what it says on the tyre itself, cos when they make the tyres they dont make thousands of different individual ones for every type of car.

Chocolate Bar™
put in what it says on the tyre itself, cos when they make the tyres they dont make thousands of different individual ones for every type of car.

what??

when i had my 1.2 i used to run 32 up front and 30 out back. now i have 33/31 on the 172.

Ph 1 172
a 1.2 clio should be 29psi front and 30psi rear if you are on your own mainly in the car.....but if you have a fully car 31psi front 32psi rear

306 GTI-6

what??

when i had my 1.2 i used to run 32 up front and 30 out back. now i have 33/31 on the 172.

sorry, but i thought recommended pressures were there on the tyre for a reason, they dont list hundreds of different pressures on each tyre for all the different cars they might get fitted to, do they?

Chelsea tractor
what??

sorry, but i thought recommended pressures were there on the tyre for a reason, they dont list hundreds of different pressures on each tyre for all the different cars they might get fitted to, do they?
The car manufacturers set a recommended psi, the tyre manufacturers just state a maximum value ie. "Do not inflate above 60psi".

My Clio should have 32psi on the front - Same tyres on a mate's 206 need 40 on the front ;)

M2 Competition
Lol, geordie what are you on about????

The same tyre could be fitted to a rear wheel drive car weighing 2 tons, and a front wheel drive car weighing a ton... why would you do what it says on the tyre sidewall???

The answer is 32 front 30 rear fella. lol

306 GTI-6
Lol, geordie what are you on about????

The same tyre could be fitted to a rear wheel drive car weighing 2 tons, and a front wheel drive car weighing a ton... why would you do what it says on the tyre sidewall???

The answer is 32 front 30 rear fella. lol

lol, his clio doesnt weigh 2 tons though does it?

Suzuki Swift Sport
Standard rule of thumb is set them to 30 all round if you dont know.

I set mine at 33 all round cause i do a fair bit of motorway driving to work and back