ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre ripping from rim/ Tracking

Guys,

long story short .. brought a accident damaged Clio 182 PH2 had to replace front and rear sub-frame.

turning I into track car so have replaced suspension for Bilstein B14s and fitted PMS solid top mounts and Strut brace

But and I haven't got tracking done yet as cant use the car on road but if I turn to the left full lock you can see the tyres 'ripping' off the wheel inwards and every so often it gets tougher to move, not by much just bit of extra revs.

any ideas people?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Sounds a bit like the power steering pump or rack could be knackered going off what your saying about putting more revs on it to get it to move.
Or failing that if you've replaced the subframe, did you definitely fit a 182 one?

When i took the drive shafts off the old one to compare them to the new one i didn't notice any difference in length.... Could it be steering rack? Did have an impact to drivers wheel so maybe this is causing the issue

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Could it be steering rack? Did have an impact to drivers wheel so maybe this is causing the issue
This was going to be be my next question tbh mate. Yeah it definitely could've sustained damage. If it's a track car I'd consider doing the epas conversion and fit the dci rack. Removes any issues that may exist in your original rack or pump.

Thanks for your help may look into this now. Was somthing i was considering but was more work, if needs to be done needs to be done

Do you know what parts or a link to what parts i actually need im thinking

Dci column including pump and ecu
Dci rack
And controller kit from ebay?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
To be honest the camber doesnt look to bad but the tow in isnt right.
Try and get it as near as you can by eye mate.

Do you know what parts or a link to what parts i actually need im thinking

Dci column including pump and ecu
Dci rack
And controller kit from ebay?
Yeah the dci is an electric motor and column assembly mate so then all you need is the rack and eBay controller kit. If you have a search on the epas conversion thread you'll find the right part numbers for the correct rack.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I had this on a Clio I replaced a subframe etc on, was just tracking, sorted by eye then had it lasered but yep it took the life out if brand new tyres in around 10miles