ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyre strech

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Hey people, new allys arrived, some 15' 3SDM 0.03 8j all round with a 3inch lip ;) came with a set of Nannakang 185/60/15 , nice strech on them but as this is my first time driving on streched im curious into the things that could go badly haha:eek: am i right in thinking like 15-20 into corners or less? And regards to top speed before they pop off ? Haha. Any tips/advice/Experiences would help alot !:approve: . Cheers peoples

Last edited:
  M3, Cup racer'd 182
Every person i see while driving with stretch tyres drives like a granny apart from straight lines, I havn't got experience with driving on them but i wouldn't be ragging a car as it's mainly for show anyway.

182, 6r GTi
stretched tyres are meant to have a higher pressure in them (unsure on the figures tho) you will also have less grip obviously. under hard driving yess there is the posibility of the tyre popping of hence the higher preasure to keep the tyres seated properly.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Every person i see while driving with stretch tyres drives like a granny apart from straight lines, I havn't got experience with driving on them but i wouldn't be ragging a car as it's mainly for show anyway.
im only in a little 1.2 ragging is out of the question haha but yeah i see what your saying :)

RS6 C7
I had them on for a while and had no issues, i drove to wales from birmingham which is 200 miles, I did a few thousand miles on them overall. My car handled fine with them, No need to worry, If you look a lot of the drift cars fun stretched rubber ;) , As said above just keep the pressure high.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
I had them on for a while and had no issues, i drove to wales from birmingham which is 200 miles, I did a few thousand miles on them overall. My car handled fine with them, No need to worry, If you look a lot of the drift cars fun stretched rubber ;) , As said above just keep the pressure high.
. Cheers buddy seem to have all the info on these beasts dont ya :D ill bear it in mind once there on next week ;)

RS6 C7
I did loads of research before running stretched rubber, I didnt trust it until i had read about it, People will say they can become unseated etc but try and find someone who has had their stretched tyres become unseated.. There is non!

PH2 172
Hey people, new allys arrived, some 15' 3SDM 0.03 8j all round with a 3inch lip ;) came with a set of Nannakang 185/60/15 , nice strech on them but as this is my first time driving on streched im curious into the things that could go badly haha:eek: am i right in thinking like 15-20 into corners or less? And regards to top speed before they pop off ? Haha. Any tips/advice/Experiences would help alot !:approve: . Cheers peoples

what do the wheels sit like under the arches with the stretched tyres and whats ya offset i want some 8j

Mk2 Clio 1.2 16v
The original reason for stretching tyres was to eliminate tyre wall flex - presumably for track or drift purposes. So if you're stretched a reasonable amount you should be okay.

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
what do the wheels sit like under the arches with the stretched tyres and whats ya offset i want some 8j
for now im not 100% as they arent going on untill my coilies arrive but from cotballs pictures of them on his non sport ( arches rolled ) they sit perfectly, i wouldnt personaly want to go wider.

182, 6r GTi
I did loads of research before running stretched rubber, I didnt trust it until i had read about it, People will say they can become unseated etc but try and find someone who has had their stretched tyres become unseated.. There is non!

only 1 that i ever found and that was on driftworks bmw going for his 1st skid with stretched rubber lol.

OP best place to look is probably a dub forum or driftworks

S23

The Cleee-O
Never had any problems with them TBH dude and I've ran 195/45's across 8J's for 2 years now. They corner like a dream, just keep them pressures up that's all! Can safely say that you can corner hard at 70ish with mine and never felt any flexing at all, just grips. :)

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
there not 185/60/15 sorry had a funny five mins there 185/45/15

05 MK2 Clio Extreme
Never had any problems with them TBH dude and I've ran 195/45's across 8J's for 2 years now. They corner like a dream, just keep them pressures up that's all! Can safely say that you can corner hard at 70ish with mine and never felt any flexing at all, just grips. :)
i like this ALOT :approve: