ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres......again

Ok,i know everyone asks about tyres and we tell them to search,but i dont think anyones asked about some of these.

Ill be needing some new front tyres for my mk1 172 soon,so im trying to make my mind up what ones to get.Ive been looking on mytyres.com which links you to a tyre test which tells you how grippy each tyre is in wet,dry etc.So here is my shortlist,what do you think,

1.Toyo Proxes T1-S £31.00

2.Yokohama AVS Sport £38.40

3.Bridgestone Potenza RE 720 £38.30

4.Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position £47.00

5.Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 £47.50

Would have liked to get Michelin Pilot SX that was the original tyre on mk1 172,but dont think they make them anymore.Think i may go for the pole positions as they look a though they did best in the tests,but you dont know which size car they were on.

Yokos!!!

Ive got em on the williams mate and there great "all-round" :D

They will last longer than the toyos and grip lots better in the wet! Ive never been impressed by many "main street" brands, normally find its all show and no grip... ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BIGDAVE on 24 February 2004

5.Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 £47.50
They are definately the best off your list, no question!

Just to add to my previous thread...

Ive done 6k so far since i got my yokos and theres still 5mm of tread left pretty much all round.... And i havent exactly been shy with cornering neither :oops: