ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

tyres/oil/service 182

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE

Hi Everbybody,ive owned my clio 182 fr 2 weeks now and think its fantastic!

Question?

i know that a few of you have bought tyres and had there cars services now.

From reading dav182 has just had his serviced. £150.00 12 thou milles which i think is good!

anybody know where to get cheap tyres from, i was gonna use black circle which normally are good on price, but they are charging £118.00 special offer on yokos for £91.00 which is quiet good but would prefer michelins exalto 2.

Any ideas.

Also from reading the forum i wanted to thank you all for your help on sourcing some oil. i contacted the company in castleford, and because you cant buy the oil that they are using in renaultsport Excellium LDX 5W40 from a maindealer till jan05, they are going to forward me 8ltrs by DHL foc, yippeee, im well chuffed!

TOTAL UK Limited
Lubricants Division

help on the tyres would be apprciated. Cheers P

dk

911 GTS Cab

yes i am geting them from mytyres too and claiming the £10 per tyre like tom.

in y service they used mobil1 0w40 as they said thats what they have been told to put in by renault? The only other they had was 10w40. Charge on the bill was £10 a litre x 5 but that was obviously included in the £149 price for the service.

Unfortunately I also needed new brake pads as mine were disintegrating from my ventures onto the tracka nd this cost me a further £100 fitted which annoyed me a little so will look to source them elsewhere next time. They had loads of pad left, it just had cracks in and was crumbling at the edges.

They also recommended that I change the brake fluid in the next few months, anyone know whether that could be true?

Finally they said that my brake discs had a red tint/mark to them from where i have been cooking them rather than the usual orange tint of rust, oops:D

Dave if youre going on the track you should change the brake fluid to 5dot high temperature.....................thats if you dont already have it.

Cheers Stu

dk

911 GTS Cab

yeah, the dealer mentioned that, said it was 4dot in there and i should look to going to 5dot as the track was taking the nutrients/useful stuff out of the standard due to the work out i was giving it.

anybody else done that in their 182?

Quote to do it was £75

Dave I recon thats not a bad price from a main dealer...................and its an absolute must for the track....................anything less and you could have serious brake FADE or FAILURE......................and if your brakes are showing signs of discolouration then its an absolute must have for you;)

Cya Stu