ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tyres on a 172 cup

Going to have to change the tyres on the cup soon. Does anybody have any advice on whether to stick with the continentals or go with something else.

I still have a bit left on the front but it wheelspins like a bugger...

The new 182 uses 205/45 Michelin Exalto 2 tyres but dont know anything about these. Used Goodyear Eagle F1s on my old pug.

The dealer quoted £82 each fitted and balanced but I think I will have a search around

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

I few people on here swear by Uniroyal Rainsports, which Im gonna have on my Cup next time round (like next week!!).

Si.

From what Ive read on here the F1 GSD2/3s have a softer sidewall, as the factory-fit tyres (michs? Contis? I lose track!) were chosen specifically for their stiff sidewalls which give a more controlled (but harsher) ride.

But yes, F1s rock. :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Si172 on 04 January 2004

I few people on here swear by Uniroyal Rainsports, which Im gonna have on my Cup next time round (like next week!!).

Si.
Ye thats what im currently fitting onto my car, got them on the back just waiting for the contis on the front to wear out, then replacing them with rainsports... the contis dont half spin and tramline ...

Yeah my Contis are tottaly shot and they Tramline everywhere.

Going to replace them with Rainsports. Been a rather expensive month though. Service, 4 tyres and a full Supersprint system .:( Why do the tyres only last for such a short time. NO FAIR!!

Megane R26

Got the Eagles for £80 a corner originally, fitted, balanced etc..

Second time round, got them for £65 a corner since they had been ordered by someone else and they had then cancelled the order.

Ant.

I got my GSD3s from Demon Tweeks for about £72 a corner

Thats for 195/45/16, which is standard cup size I believe (Im running 16"s on my valver)

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive just had 4 Goodyear Eagle GS-D3 put on to replace the Contis. The level of grip these things generate is very, very impressive. I dont expect them to last long though.

I paid £290 for 4 195/45/16

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

The Contis suck in the wet and I deffo wont be getting more when theyre knackered...

Was also considering going to 205s next time in an effort to get more traction!

my rears are still pretty much fine, but me fronts are gone. what are peeps views on keep contis on the back and replacin with deiff fronts, i.e rainsprts

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by DannyBoy on 04 January 2004

my rears are still pretty much fine, but me fronts are gone. what are peeps views on keep contis on the back and replacin with deiff fronts, i.e rainsprts
I could have kept the contis on the rear, but figured there is such a difference between the F1s and the Contis I was best to change all of them. You are supposed to have the new tyres on the rear too BTW.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ye, its better to have the front 2 wheels sliding than the back 2... thats why I put the new rainsports on the back and the partially worn contis on the front.

kool!, so ill put me contis on the front, and me new ones on the back. im not replacin the other two contis when they have perfectly fine tread on em, thatd be a waste.

Ditch the contis theyre total crap, as _KDF says you really dont want the rear having less grip that the front.

251bhp Skoda Fabia vRS

Get some Uniroyal Rainsports or ive recently read some fantastic reviews about the new Dunlop SP9000. They are meant to grip like buggery in the wet.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by DannyBoy on 04 January 2004

thats why im gonna put the contis from the back on the front and the new ones on the back
remember not to go out racing round roundabout straight away, give the new tyres time to bed in, which will take longer than if they were on the front.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

exactly, in the dry they are about the same as the contis.. without the tramlining.

Am I the only one who enjoys sliding about on Contis in the wet?????? Come on guys, at least the Contis are progressive...