ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

U2 downloads new album to every iPhone

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
No they haven't - it's in the cloud, you have the option of downloading.

At least that's what it is on my Work Phone - i'm sure Apple have thought about security prior to sending a free album from one of the worlds top bands to 250 million devices?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
_77523502_u2tweet.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Its on the cloud for my wife and my work phone but not mine, all on the same itunes. Must have a different setting on mine that I didn't even realise!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Full album on mine. It says on the cloud but I can listen to it without download.

Nice that they have access to my phone though...

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
As soon as I wrote that comment I knew I worded it wrong, I have no music on my ipad or phone, I now have U2 on both, I didn't download it.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Surely it's just added to your "purchased" items free of charge, then if you've got your phone set to sync automatically it will be on there.

Not exactly what I'd call "access to your phone".

As soon as I wrote that comment I knew I worded it wrong, I have no music on my ipad or phone, I now have U2 on both, I didn't download it.

It's not actually "On" your phone or iPad, just sitting in your iCloud account I think. You can download it if you want.

Clio T 314hp c43 AMG
Well it's there to play and that's the same as any song from iTunes, it's never actually yours.

apparently u2 paid apple 1 million to do it?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
What?

If you buy a song through iTunes, it is yours.

I'm not sure if they changed it but I think it was Bruce Willis who went to court over it. He wanted his iTunes collection to go to his kids upon death but the terms and conditions said that it's owned by apple and not you.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not sure if they changed it but I think it was Bruce Willis who went to court over it. He wanted his iTunes collection to go to his kids upon death but the terms and conditions said that it's owned by apple and not you.

Oh, I see what you mean.

It's associated with your iTunes account in iTunes.

You can put it on a hard drive and transfer it between other users accounts.

As far as I'm aware this is still the case, you are just paying to borrow the music from apple.

People seem to be shocked that Apple, the creators of iCloud, have the power to access accounts in iCloud.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Some f**king retards in here, a new form of stupidness has been born, people will moan about anything these days.

i bet people would complain if apple offered to give everyone a new iPhone for free too.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Well it's there to play and that's the same as any song from iTunes, it's never actually yours.

apparently u2 paid apple 1 million to do it?

Not sure where you are getting your information from but why would U2 be paying Apple?!

And i'm 99.999999% sure it'll be well over $1'000'000!

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure where you are getting your information from but why would U2 be paying Apple?!

And i'm 99.999999% sure it'll be well over $1'000'000!

It's a f**king good bit of publicity in fairness. I bet they'd struggle to reach the same number of people for £1M in advertising spend.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
It's an amazing amount - that'll basically be $100 million of profit until November I think when it goes on general sale.

No CD's to create / no fees to pay for Apple - it's win win for U2 IMO.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
The world's gone mental. If you like U2 then brilliant you have a free album. If you don't then don't listen too it!

Sums it up. There are plenty of bands out there that I don't like. But offer a free album to download and I'll give it a try. Who knows, they might convert me into a fan. :)

D.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
The worst part of it was just the whole cringy finger touching with Tim cook.

Apple are trying way too hard, they're actually becoming the parody videos that pop up from time to time.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
'Why have Apple sent me a free iPhone 6?!'

'f**k you Apple, you think i want to fill my recycle bin up with this empty box FFS??'

People really will moan about anything.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
'Why have Apple sent me a free iPhone 6?!'

'f**k you Apple, you think i want to fill my recycle bin up with this empty box FFS??'

People really will moan about anything.

Ironically I can imagine the rage if people suddenly found copies of the Quran being pushed through their door without asking for it. Coming over here...pushing their views in my face...blah blah yada yada

Apple should have just left it as being free on iTunes and not pushed bonocunt into peoples faces, that's what people are objecting to.

Then again, PR.