ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ultima GTR chasing at Cadwell Park

172 sport
A video of my little 172 chasing a Ultima GTR around Cadwell and a few other cars on Wednesday night,yes I know he must not have been the worlds best driver,but it gives you great satisfaction,when you can hassle a super car,with 3 times my power,with £2000 worth of stock engined 172,It looked like he out braked himself at the end,then pulled over and let me passed:eek: I just love these Clio's:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJz2efnfBlA

172 sport
awesome driving, keeping so much speed through some of them turns. good efffort.

is yours COMPLETLEY standard??

Yes mate,Its a standard engine 172 W reg clio,a very loud scorpion decat exhaust,performance airfilter,spax coilovers,stripped out,carbon bonnet,full cage fitted,race seats and harnesses,and Ive just fitted some carbone lorraine front pads,with what the car cost me,and what Ive spent,most of it cheap off ebay,it stands me at just under £2500,a cheap bit of trackday fun.:D

Yes mate,Its a standard engine 172 W reg clio,a very loud scorpion decat exhaust,performance airfilter,spax coilovers,stripped out,carbon bonnet,full cage fitted,race seats and harnesses,and Ive just fitted some carbone lorraine front pads,with what the car cost me,and what Ive spent,most of it cheap off ebay,it stands me at just under £2500,a cheap bit of trackday fun.:D

makes it all the better then! nice one.

cadwell is definatley on my list of track days.

ValverInBits
Cadwell always looks so much fun.
great great driving. Some brave moments :D got does that GTR shift down the back straight

BMW M4; S1000 RR

Not exactly standard then...

RenaultSport clio 172 exc
Me and all the mates in my office give you a thumbs up for that dude.

never have i wanted more to get my car on the track....... just need it back from the garrage first. haha

good work my friend

Artic 182
Your going well there. Ultimatas are great fun to gun down in the bends:)

Is that a bonnet pin up?

Some of you guy's should head over to Cadwell on the 6th of July, I'm sure Paul would be more than willing to give you all some passenger laps.
I'd offer myself so long as you don't mind sitting on the floor and holding on to the roll cage :eek:

Good vid Paul, i must have caught that ultima on an off lap as he let me past pretty quick ;)

Chris

That makes me want to do that track! Would it be a scary track for a beginner?

Your better off on an airfield or track like Bedford for a 1st trackday, Cadwell is one of the narrowest circuits in the uk and with little run of in places.

I've only driven Cadwell 3 times and 2 of those have been eveing sessions, but i've been to well over 10 trackdays there as support, every single time i've been someone has destroyed their car, this is some of the worst i've seen

Brand new Exige, hit the wall leaving the paddock
1 series bmw, hit the armco at the old hairpin
205, rolled at the gooseneck
ltd edition evo, rolled at barn

And there's loads of others that were undriveable after the impacts, let alone loads more that have got away with scrapes and minor damage.

It's a great circuit, but one which demands respect :evil:

Chris

172 sport
What tyres you running fella?

I usually run R888's all round mate,but it was getting a bit expensive with all the trackdays I do,so I tried a pair of slicks on the front,what I got of Chris aka 480bhp.com,and the left the R888's on the rear,and it felt ok,but they were knackered after I had finished with them.I think I will be reverting back to the R888's all round for my next trackday,they are a good arounder for wet or dry conditions.
I would like a full set of new slicks,but they are not cheap,then I would need another set of rims to put them on,more money:(

Tav

Clio 197
Slicks...no wonder you were passing everyone. I'll retract some of my initial amazement, but still good going in the Clio.

Toyota MR2
loosing a bit of time on some of them corners ;) as you got some heat in to the tires u had some near perfect laps their mate! nice one. That ultima is a Monster in a straight line!! wow. he's a pussy through the corners tho lol

172 sport
Slicks...no wonder you were passing everyone. I'll retract some of my initial amazement, but still good going in the Clio.

I did not noticed that much difference to be honest Tav,running the crapy slicks I had on the front axle and R888's on the rear,than having a good set of R888's all round.
I am sure a new set of good quality slicks all round would make 2 to 3 seconds a lap over R888's,but the last time we went to Cadwell over the winter on R888's and I was lapping in 1m 50s,on wednesday evening my best lap was 1m 48.5s,so only just over a second difference,that gain I put down to track temperature,infact we are going back there on the 6th of July,and Ive just ordered a couple more R888's,with them fitted I am sure I will be a bit quicker than I was on Wednesday,we shall see;)