ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

uncertain handling?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
this has been a bit of a niggle for a while but as the weather should get a bit better soon I want to tackle it, basically cornering doesn't seem as responsive as it should and it doesn't turn in nicely like there is a vagueness initially. Also I get a bobbly feel at times like i'm on those rumble strips before a roundabout.

I thought rear shocks but theres no sign of leaks, cars just turned 50k. Any ideas? Dom

Oh and only mod is eibach rusty sportlines

53 Clio's & counting
Rack bushes do wear, which can make it feel a bit nasty

When was the geometry last done mate?

What tyres do you run?

Clio 172
Could be a lot of things i had the same symtoms
and changed;
bottom ball joins
top mounts
trackrod ends
Polybushed wishbones
tracking checked

And did feel better but still didnt feel like
it used to,
did notice a bit of play in the tie rods when
fittin track rod ends so there next on the list.
shure way of checkin rear shocks without removal
Is taking the bumpest
corners you can find(left and right) at speed but not stupid And
if the back end seems to skip/jump then the corasponding
rear shock has had it.
Hope this helps,
and arb bushes ,rack bushes could all be suspect to,
stillnot 100% i havent got play in the rack itsself
but mines got nearly double the milage..
​cheers

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
when you say geometry you're meaning more than just tracking yeah? Tracked a few Weeks ago with new from tyres-kumho kh17 which stopped the full lock clunk. Are rack bushes easy to do with just a jack and stands? What's most likely on a relatively low mileage 182, I'd love it to be just shocks but don't want to spend 80 quid for no gain.

182 FF
when you say geometry you're meaning more than just tracking yeah? Tracked a few Weeks ago with new from tyres-kumho kh17 which stopped the full lock clunk. Are rack bushes easy to do with just a jack and stands? What's most likely on a relatively low mileage 182, I'd love it to be just shocks but don't want to spend 80 quid for no gain.

Go for a full geometry check/set up fella tracking is not the same, done properly it will transform it...KH17 tyres are not really a performance tyre either bud (got them on the wifes 1.1 colt), good tyre but I would go for some KU31's as they are a better speed rating next time