ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Underpowered

do u guys think my clio is under performing, its a v reg 1.6 12 v and can get up to 115 but were tlaking perfect road and takes quite a while to get there, but doesnt the 1.2 dynamique do that? its a 5 door so slightly heavier which i accept but like going upa hill, the speed drops quite a bit, i thought it wud of done 120 at least hmm.......but if you guys think this is right, what would you recommend to get a bit more performance out of it, acceleration and top end, ova than buy a new car :) my mates getting an mr2 mk1 1.6 soon sooo i need to think of something, heh, thankx

dont plant your foot in 5th, gradually fettle the throttle and then see what you can speeds you get

12v???????????

if this is the case then it will be a 3cylinder engine, and wont produce much top end performance

or, you may actually have an accurate speedo, 115 sounds more like the top speed, i know my speedo is well out because there is no physical way that my car will do 127mph

yea 12 valve, is it bit of a rare one :S i thought it was 16 but nope :( sall confusing, do u think theres ne sorta mod i can use to increase top speed or acceleration cos you know u always want that litte bit more heh

the obvious of sorting the breathing usually helps

filter, exhaust, manifold

then your looking more into the parts i know nothing about, though benr will be able to help

youre looking along the lines of, cams, head work, re-maps etc

Quote: Originally posted by bambam on 04 June 2003

dont plant your foot in 5th, gradually fettle the throttle and then see what you can speeds you get

12v???????????

if this is the case then it will be a 3cylinder engine, and wont produce much top end performance

or, you may actually have an accurate speedo, 115 sounds more like the top speed, i know my speedo is well out because there is no physical way that my car will do 127mph

My guess its most likely a 4 cylinder engine, just running 3 valves per head. Seen toyotas like this b4 - meant to be more fuel efficiant but cheaper to produce than a 16 valver

12 valve ????????? - the only 1.6 renault did on a v - was the k7m 1.6 8v & the k4m 1.6 16v - think your wrong matey.

hmmm......ive opened up the bonnet and im 100% it says 12v, its an RXE if that helps? more fuel efficient lol, my comp comes up 23.9 mpg like a full tank does 260 ish :(

will the engine number help the tech heads identify this beast???

im confused, i didnt think reno ever made a 12ver

ok i opened it up and it defently says 12v but i have just noticed it says 14v somewhere else :( helppppp (i know naff all about engines ) if it hellps, the main part is labelled 4 1 3 2 and obviously each have there own wire going in, that is all i can tell :S i cant find the engine plate sticker either

theres numbers everywhere :( theres 14s 12s, but yes i see the battery one :)) theres no engine plate sticker, and the one just inside door, none of the number match the one in books, hmm

ok finally i went to renault lookers today and he took my eg typed it in the comp and it has a K7M engine and he said all K7M engines are 16 V :)