ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uniroyal Rainsport 5

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered a set of these for the MR2.

195/50/15 front
205/45/16 rear

£182 delivered from Demon Tweeks Ebay shop with 15% discount code.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just ordered a set of these for the MR2.

195/50/15 front
205/45/16 rear

£182 delivered from Demon Tweeks Ebay shop with 15% discount code.
Have you gone for 83v on the 205's ? I couldn't see the higher load rating of 87.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Oooh, Uniroyals…..

I've just bought 'four' uniroyal rainsport 5's for the Kangoo. I did a trackday in said Kangoo with my new Rainsport 5's and the day went well.

Upon finishing the track day, I noticed that one of the tyres is actually a Uniroyal Rainsport 3..... *SPASTIC TYRE FITTER ALERT*

Would that bother any of you?? Should I take it back and get it replaced? But then i'd have one Brand new tyre and 3 that are a track day old. Or shall I just leave it??

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Oooh, Uniroyals…..

I've just bought 'four' uniroyal rainsport 5's for the Kangoo. I did a trackday in said Kangoo with my new Rainsport 5's and the day went well.

Upon finishing the track day, I noticed that one of the tyres is actually a Uniroyal Rainsport 3..... *SPASTIC TYRE FITTER ALERT*

Would that bother any of you?? Should I take it back and get it replaced? But then i'd have one Brand new tyre and 3 that are a track day old. Or shall I just leave it??
I'd take it back. In theory different tyres will offer different levels of grip . Plus the RS5's are supposed to last 15% longer according to Uniroyals website.
My experience with the 3's was piss poor wear rate , I was only getting 5 - 5.5k out of a set on the road. So you might end up with 1 tyre knackered before the other 3.
If the 5's get good reviews regarding wear rate I might go back to them in the future.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Oooh, Uniroyals…..

That would definitely bother me! Not sure if you'd be able to get it replaced after a track day though..

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
Just took delivery of these and the sidewalls on the 195/50/15 still seem very soft. The 205/45/16 are much, much firmer...

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Just took delivery of these and the sidewalls on the 195/50/15 still seem very soft. The 205/45/16 are much, much firmer...
When I used to run the RS3's I was surprised just how thin the sidewalls were. If you put your hand inside the tyre you could feel your fingers on the outside.
I always used to run a couple of psi higher than recommended.
I think I'll wait until the RS5's have been out a while and read some reviews.
I'm really hoping they're positive reviews as I like the Rainsports for wet grip.

You'll have to do a write up once you get them fitted.

R3k1355

ClioSport Club Member
Yea the RS3's were notorious for having mega soft sidewalls, the often looked like they'd got a puncture. Did they do an XL version that was better?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yea the RS3's were notorious for having mega soft sidewalls, the often looked like they'd got a puncture. Did they do an XL version that was better?
I used to use the XL 87 higher load rating with a couple of psi higher , that seemed to do the trick compared to the 83 load rating.
They still felt soft but you soon got used to the different steering feel.

JB21

ClioSport Club Member
We'll see what these are really like come Saturday as i'm at Oulton in the MR2 and Storm Dennis has just been forecast to hit 🤞