ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Universal bosch lambda sensors

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Hey.

Hoping to change my lambda sensor as I think that's what's giving me an overfuel problem.

I've seen on eBay you can get genuine bosch lambda sensors for around £16 delivered just with out the wiring clip.

Has anyone had any decent experiences doing it this way? Don't really want to fork out full price for one.

Thanks

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Any reason why not to? (genuine question hope that doesn't make me sound like an argumentative dick)

They look the same and it's genuine bosch? Just the harness that needs to be crimped onto the new one.

Rs200t lux
Used to use the Lucas universal ones and never had a problem but started using eBay ones and the ceramic was cracking , turned out they where fake Bosch
if you do buy get it from a decent retailer . I got some for scoobys from America of eBay very cheap
also cam-skill do good ones

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Just to update this for future reference in case people view it in the future.

Got the sensor for £17.50 delivered from eBay and was an absolute doddle to fit.

Came with instructions for other cars but because the colours were the same it was just a simple mating jobby.

14372620400_012ee8386b_b.jpg

14558469092_49c115f2db_b.jpg

This was the engine running before the change

14536184246_9778fa7b81_b.jpg

And this was after, it's now reading 0.1 volts as it should whereas before that was at 0. (the blip is from me pressing the throttle)

14557637964_582354818a_b.jpg

I'll keep an eye on it, hopefully it will last but fingers crossed it looks like a quality replacement.

Cheers

Is it still working Dan?

I am have just had my timing done by RS tuning and its running well - see ( http://www.cliosport.net/threads/182-engine-light-flashing-help-please.764123/#post-10582625 )

I have just managed to get 4 Bosch spark plugs for £38.88 from ebay and leads and coil for £56.70 from CarParts4less. And wouldn't mind taking a short cut on the sensor.

Basically she has cost me £300 odd quid this month so paying what you did for the sensor sounds appealing!

Not yet mate- I haven't had the chance to call the garage and don't really have the money for a 200+ bill at this time of year! How are you getting on with yours?

I have only driven in traffic so far at low speeds and it's coming on twice on average over the 5 miles traveled. Its done 90k miles so I was going to get the injectors cleaned, new spark plugs, coil and see what happens from then. I am sure they could do with being replaced and I am hoping that this may solve it?

I am talking rubbish. I bought NGK plugs from Carparts4less off their eBay page as they were cheaper than the website...

I think I have taken the word Bosch from the subject of this thread...

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Is it still working Dan?

I am have just had my timing done by RS tuning and its running well - see ( http://www.cliosport.net/threads/182-engine-light-flashing-help-please.764123/#post-10582625 )

I have just managed to get 4 Bosch spark plugs for £38.88 from ebay and leads and coil for £56.70 from CarParts4less. And wouldn't mind taking a short cut on the sensor.

Basically she has cost me £300 odd quid this month so paying what you did for the sensor sounds appealing!

Sadly mate, it died a month later.

The theory was great and everything but it just died! I don't think it was a genuine bosch sensor and most definitely a fake. I replaced with a very cheap genuine bosch one from a seller on eBay. I'll find you the seller if it will help you dude? I fitted this one that came with the hologrammed box etc and it has been spot on ever since. I paid £35 ish for it.

Top top idea tho! I saw your article on cleaning the injectors also. Great thinking outside the box.

If you could find the seller that would be awesome. I don't mind buying quality products but the price needs to be good too!

Appreciate your help mate.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Top top idea tho! I saw your article on cleaning the injectors also. Great thinking outside the box.

If you could find the seller that would be awesome. I don't mind buying quality products but the price needs to be good too!

Appreciate your help mate.

Thanks man! If you ever want yours doing mega cheap let me know ;) will find the seller now dude. Sorry for the delay, completely forgot.

Cheers Dan,

I will have a look at that. Saw a decat on here yesterday that had a lambda on it so bought that in the end from Matt in Doncaster.

I live in Shadwell north Leeds mate- how about you? There seems to be a few grey 182's about this side of Leeds. How about you?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Spark Plugs- there are 6 left (cheaper than getting them from their website)

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm?itemId=400743483597

All the other stuff is on the carparts4less.co.uk website mate

For future reference I stock the proper NGK plugs and am cheaper at £36 posted for a set for the Clio 172/182 .

Please check the Traders section when you need anything as there isn't much us lot can't provide/help you with between us all :up:

For future reference I stock the proper NGK plugs and am cheaper at £36 posted for a set for the Clio 172/182 .

Please check the Traders section when you need anything as there isn't much us lot can't provide/help you with between us all :up:

Cheers. Appreciate this and shall do in future

Yes Mark, I've started stocking them recently mate. Both genuine pre and post cat. Bosch lambda sensors
Do all the traders have websites? It's a little confusing on there. How does it work- do people just email you?

Apologies in advance for sounding thick.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Do all the traders have websites? It's a little confusing on there. How does it work- do people just email you?

Apologies in advance for sounding thick.

Some have and some haven't, I don't at the moment but may have in the near future mate:wink:

Not thick at all, I personally prefer PMs/conversations as I can quote people and leave it with them and also answer questions people may have. I know others don't like PMs and prefer phone calls.

We have a lot on info in our own sections but best to contact the Trader directly, as I can supply things that aren't listed in my section for example