ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unlimited BT infinity 1, any good?

172ph2
Has anyone got this package? Just moved into a rented house and looking to get some fast net connection on the go.
Just got a fancy freesat box too that does iPlayer etc. so I'm really after a properly unlimited service that's fast. No cable in the area so virgin is out.

Also, I have similar confusion to another thread, I was looking to go with bethere.co.uk and get the line from them, but I need a phone number first, only way I can see how to get one is from BT but that means getting line from BT and then Bethere. There must be a better way?

I've never set up internet from scratch, always lived in shared flats before, this system seams a bit backwards and confusing, I don't even care about using it for phone ! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

182 Trophy #333
Infinty is great if you say want to browse webpages, steam things or play games online etc, but if you do alot of downloading ( especially torrents etc... ) they throttle the speeds right down during peak hours, we had it at our last place and it was proper slow until about 2in the morning then it would be rapid until about 6am when it would go back to being slow, we now use a company called AAISP, theyre a little more expensive than other companys but theres no speed throttling whatsoever and they dont censor out websites so your browsing is alot less restricted compared to BT and Virgin.

Clio 197
currently in the process of switching to Infinity from my current sub 1mb standard broadband. However as my line is so slow at present they have set my up on standard broadband, once this goes live (the same day) i need to ring up to arrange an engineer to visit to set it up, so it may be a few more weeks until i can comment on the performance..

MKV R32
upgraded from sky 1.2mb to Infinty last November. Now receive speeds around 50-60mb and upload of 10mb+ Wifi is alot slower than this but still so fast.

Never had any downtime nor does it seem to slow down. Download 1080p films in minutes.

Its awesome

Clio 197
upgraded from sky 1.2mb to Infinty last November. Now receive speeds around 50-60mb and upload of 10mb+ Wifi is alot slower than this but still so fast.

Never had any downtime nor does it seem to slow down. Download 1080p films in minutes.

Its awesome

I will have some of that!.....hopefully!

E46 320D Tourer!
I'm on unlimited infinity 2. Dependent on the type of torrent I've seen download speeds of 3.5mb/s.

at speedtest.net I'm seeing download speeds of 35-49mb depending on time of day.

Gotta say, the torrent dl speeds are quicker than what I used to get with my virgin 100mb broadband!

means I'm downloading a 700mb movie in about 10-15 minutes!

I'm on unlimited infinity 2. Dependent on the type of torrent I've seen download speeds of 3.5mb/s.

at speedtest.net I'm seeing download speeds of 35-49mb depending on time of day.

Gotta say, the torrent dl speeds are quicker than what I used to get with my virgin 100mb broadband!

means I'm downloading a 700mb movie in about 10-15 minutes!

same here , i aint being throttled at all even at peak ........ however that 3.5mbs seems slow , mines between 5 and 6 , and what movie is 700mb :eek: .............. 4gb more like as no point not at least being 720p?

Impreza RB5 #054
BT throttle torrent downloads between the hours of 4pm and 12am, there are simple ways to get round this, which can be found with a quick google search.

172ph2
Cheers folks, I'll probably just go for infinity then, not worried about throttling, got a VPN for that. The general consensus seems to say that it's quick. Sold.

I'm on Infinity 2, get aroudn 70Mbit/20Mbit - I get throttled during the day pretty hard (I'm not on the new contract yet with proper "unlimited/unthrottle" line), and hope to get the new package soon.

I've found even using a VPN I'm getting throttled which is pretty poor to be honest, but there's nobody else to go with where I live.

Speeds sometimes get stuck at 1MB/s, I've noticed yesterday though I was getting 3.5MB/s over a VPN, and plan to try no VPN tonight to see how the management is.

I'm with BolehVPN and managed to get the full 6.8MB/s for the first month easy enough, however the past couple of months I've noticed the throttling even over my VPN. :(.

JonnyK

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  500 Bhp Golf R 7.5
actually most of you are wrong. the OP posted about bt infinity unlimited option 1. which is actually different. as of early this week there are now totally unlimited packages with no throttling of p2p whatsoever.

actually most of you are wrong. the OP posted about bt infinity unlimited option 1. which is actually different. as of early this week there are now totally unlimited packages with no throttling of p2p whatsoever.

LOL, that statement is older than the internet itself.