ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

unsure!!!

Abarth Grande Punto

hiya,

i have a r reg clio and really want to change my seats, but the front seats have those seatbelt pre tensioner thingies built into them, that little wire that goes in the bottom of the seat! If I got some nice sparcos or cobras would that mean I have to get rid of this system or can it work on any seats.

Help! Im not that clued up on how it works!

Any help would be wicked. thanx stu

GR7

Shiny red R32

miltage2

I am not sure exactly about the seat belt pre-tensioners, but I think it is something to do with tiny explosions or something like that, which causes the tightening of the seat belts, to hold you very firmly in your seat in the case of sudden impact.

So I dont think they will work with harness things, as they are tight all the time arent they?

Someone will let you know.

Abarth Grande Punto

im still thinking of keeping the same belts, just new seats. I am pretty sure I will have to disconnect the tensioners!