ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Updates on Sunroof rattle?

Hey all,

I am about to tackle my rattling sunroof (pop-up) on Monday. I am armed with some rubber tubing, glue and various other things. Has anyone got any tips on what work, what doesn’t and what I shud try? I realise there is no permanent fix but even if I get 3-6months peace I will be happy :)

Cheers,

-TS

Lots of Alfas
Have a look at the handle where it closes and rests on a plastic tube. There should be a piece of felt that it rests on. It came with a bit on as standard but it came off after about 4miles from new. That will stop the creaking. The rattling is from the forks that slot into the car, wrap the forks in felt/stickpads and carefully slot back in the car. You can remove the whole sunroof by pushing in the red tab and clicking it out.

Hope that makes sense!

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Dave yea that makes sense also if you do the hook things up at the front it will be better. Renault know what the modification it is make its only some felt strips that stick to the frame in places. PM me if you need anything else mate.

Cool, cheers for the tips fellas! I will see if I can get my hands on some insulating tape and wrap the two front prongs in that. I will also get some rubber tubing (washer jet or fuel pipe) and put that round the closing bar on the handle to make it shut tighter.

I'll let you knwo how I get on!

-TS