ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Upgraded the MBC -> brakes now stick

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I just upgraded the mbc and redid all the fluid on the sunflower due to the 4 pot Brembo's i have on it.
At first it seemed to be working well but i noticed the smell of the discs getting realy hot and the car struggling to even move. In the end it stopped and was stuck...not moving at all.
The pedal is also realy hard at this point and the calipers seems to stick to the discs.

Small note :
Apart from the master brake cilinder i also replaced all the rubber brake lines for goodrige lines (front and back) and had to built a new line to the right back caliper.There are also no leaks anywhere.

The car uses the same discs/pads/calipers as before the brake overhaul, worked fine before.

This is the mbc i used (plugs below are not included) :
thumb?m=1&id=2004919&lng=nl.jpg

This thing is for a 3.0 V6 laguna with ABS.
Threads identical to the original mbc (1xm12 1xm10)
http://www.auto-onderdelen24.nl/nk/2004919

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
That was also a possibility but this mbc is a direct exchange, all the locations and threads are identical.
On paper it seems to be ideal.

I want to keep ABS.

Last edited:
  MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
I think i have found the reason of the issue, i think the push rod is slightly pressed due to the different brake cilinder.
Does anybody know if the 172 servo's have adjustable push rod's like the once on the picture ?
That way i would be able to compensate the length.

Absolute worse case scenario would be a different brake servo i guess.

0900c15280279bae.jpg

1330277797_1927_FT0_ka_feb_1-1.jpg

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
Well as nobody was able to give me any info it was investigation time.
I removed the mbc again and checked, the 172 indeed uses the same type of servo as in the picture.
Adjusted it and the pads are now free from the discs with the new bigger mbc. I haven't driven it yet but im very confident that this will work fine now :up:

Last edited:
  Ex 182 owner
Couldnt help smokey but defo interested how you get one as brembos on my list of to do's.

MX5 NC 2.0 Sport
@bozothenutter
Yep :up:
Haven't driven the car yet as i need to get a new bearing pressed in the hub first (hub is removed)
But i was now able to freely rotate the wheels without them sticking unlike before :blush:

@dablk
I love the brembo's they will give you just that bit of extra confidence on the road/track.
Really nice upgrade :cool: