ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Uprated brakes

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Hello all, looking for an uprated option for my clio, im using 15" wheels and as its a mk1 with 172 widetrack there's no way I can run spacers. What options are there in terms of 4 pot calipers? I really likre my williams wherls and don't really want to go to 16" wheels as tyres are more expensive too

What pads are you using?

A large number of people on here swear by ds2500 pads for fast road/light track use.

Might be worth a try? (unless you already have them in which case - I'll shut up)

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
No its on dirty cheap apec pads and some cheapo ebay drilled and grooved discs, came with the 172 lol.

Big ash - Ouch! Cant quite afford that for my backup track car :/

No its on dirty cheap apec pads and some cheapo ebay drilled and grooved discs, came with the 172 lol.

Big ash - Ouch! Cant quite afford that for my backup track car :/

LOL there you go then! 172 brakes are good!

Get some Brembo HC discs, ds2500 pads and some new DOT 4 fluid and they will feel like a million dollars.

Clio 16v 'YOJ'
Okay cool ill spend some money on those next then, will they be okay fir everyday driving as well as track use

Cup In bits
I have Brembo 4 pots setup for sale that fit on mk1's too but I think you'll need spacers to fit behind williams wheels. George has just done the same so best to answer.

Okay cool ill spend some money on those next then, will they be okay fir everyday driving as well as track use

I couldn't tell you for certain, I have a set in the garage that I never got around to fitting.

I imagine the aren't the sharpest from cold - but will be a fair bit better than standard pads when warmer.
G 172 will sort you out.